Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
FLipping A - not again.

http://www.10news.com/news/14145574/detail.html#

racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Gang$tur.

At lea$t it $aid that citation$ were in$$ued.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Sd sucks!!!
nuff said.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
hahaha its been going on here in the 909 montclair area they struck 2 days in a row.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #5
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Dare I $ay.

Glad I live in norcal.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #6
kaotic
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
kaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the roughkaotic is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow.. california has too much money.. they should donate some to our school districts..
kaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #7
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Profiling?

violation of civil rights anyone??

someone call the ACLU !!!
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #8
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i wonder if joining law enforcement as a career might help you get away with doing whatever you want to your car since you are the ultimate connection.. hmmm something to think about lol

damm tempted to join the police so i could get away wiht it lol.. u know.. hide behind the badge lol
Old 01-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #9
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
$ounds like $ocal i$ $tarting to $uck.
hahahahahaha

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:54 PM   #10
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Profiling?

violation of civil rights anyone??

someone call the ACLU !!!
thanks I think that sounds like a plan.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #11
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I think it's a great idea. Whether you agree with the law or not, it is the law.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #12
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
So i wonder if they caught any tuners...dont sound like it. If they had a civic in the picture, id say pwnage...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:59 PM   #13
thedecapitator
BANNED

thedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
i wonder if joining law enforcement as a career might help you get away with doing whatever you want to your car since you are the ultimate connection.. hmmm something to think about lol

damm tempted to join the police so i could get away wiht it lol.. u know.. hide behind the badge lol
im headed that road to be a pig :]
i will stop you speeding assholes on the street whenever i see a 240sx and check under the hood for those engine swaps and then tell you to kindly rev it and let you go with a big
thedecapitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #14
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
So they only stopped vehicles that looked like they won't pass the test? Wow, I wonder if they caught a lot of schoolbuses and 18-wheelers.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:10 PM   #15
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
I think it's a great idea. Whether you agree with the law or not, it is the law.
thats the point, its not "the Law".

its a violation of your civil rights. Just like road side sobriety checks are.

They need to have "cause" to pull you over, run your ID on the sidewalk, or search you here in the states.

SoCal is becoming more and more of a police state
and BTW, I would avoid BurBank area if you drive a tuner.

I got a ticket for modified exhaust at 8AM thursday morning on the corner of the court house. I showed the officers that I had my exhaust signed off at 3PM the previous wednesday, and they didnt care. popped the hood(its all stock SOHC), searched the car, threatened to have it taken and the engine and car vin#'s checked (after I told them the engine was a rebuild).
Then they proceeded to give me a ticket for no Tabs, (I have the red #1 paper in the window,exempting me from tabs till its finished registration), and a tint ticket.
3 violations, 2 of which i had proof they were fine right there!!
And law enforcement wonders why they put a sour taste in peoples mouth.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #16
GoodOl'S13
Zilvia Addict

GoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GoodOl'S13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
So they only stopped vehicles that looked like they won't pass the test? Wow, I wonder if they caught a lot of schoolbuses and 18-wheelers.
Probably not, being that diesel powered vehicles are smog exempt.

Secret Society
GoodOl'S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:26 PM   #17
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
thats the point, its not "the Law".

its a violation of your civil rights. Just like road side sobriety checks are.

They need to have "cause" to pull you over, run your ID on the sidewalk, or search you here in the states.

SoCal is becoming more and more of a police state
and BTW, I would avoid BurBank area if you drive a tuner.

I got a ticket for modified exhaust at 8AM thursday morning on the corner of the court house. I showed the officers that I had my exhaust signed off at 3PM the previous wednesday, and they didnt care. popped the hood(its all stock SOHC), searched the car, threatened to have it taken and the engine and car vin#'s checked (after I told them the engine was a rebuild).
Then they proceeded to give me a ticket for no Tabs, (I have the red #1 paper in the window,exempting me from tabs till its finished registration), and a tint ticket.
3 violations, 2 of which i had proof they were fine right there!!
And law enforcement wonders why they put a sour taste in peoples mouth.
From what i have seen on these forums and the people i have talked to about how to get past emissions, having a tuner car with an exhaust is probable cause for a smog check.

Because a large portion of them aren't smog legal.
murda-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #18
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
since they test on a dyno, i wonder if you could slip them a few extra bucks and have them do some test pulls and hook your wideband up.

cheap tuning ftw

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #19
PhilVia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
PhilVia is a glorious beacon of lightPhilVia is a glorious beacon of lightPhilVia is a glorious beacon of lightPhilVia is a glorious beacon of lightPhilVia is a glorious beacon of lightPhilVia is a glorious beacon of lightPhilVia is a glorious beacon of lightPhilVia is a glorious beacon of lightPhilVia is a glorious beacon of lightPhilVia is a glorious beacon of lightPhilVia is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
GREAT!
my phobia feeling is coming back and i thought hawaii's friday night road block was bad ....
Old 01-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #20
PhilthyS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
PhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post

If you were to get hired, I don't think you'd want to lose your job fraudulently smogging your car. I don't think it would be worth it.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #21
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotic View Post
wow.. california has too much money.. they should donate some to our school districts..
Much of the waste in educational spending occurs at the county level, not the state. Arnold can shovel money into the educational budget all he wants, but if Supervisor X decides to give himself a raise every time, the kids are still screwed.

Multiple choice tests are also a collossal waste of time, but I disgress.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #22
Aeroscraper326
Zilvia Addict

Aeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfection
$hit $uck$ $uper $ucky.

May i ask why you use dollar $ign$ a$ $'$
Aeroscraper326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #23
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pank View Post
since they test on a dyno, i wonder if you could slip them a few extra bucks and have them do some test pulls and hook your wideband up.

cheap tuning ftw

smog dyno are only rated for like 100 or 200hp, not a lot. It suppose to simulate runs from certain mph (25 iirc) and test for emission. My friend owns a shop and when the govt initial smog up in norcal, we sort of put a 400hp car on it for run, burnt out the motor and call the warrenty guy for repair.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #24
thedecapitator
BANNED

thedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choicesthedecapitator has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscraper326 View Post
$ .

May i ask why you use dollar $ a$ $'$
probably because his "s" key doesnt work idunno
thedecapitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #25
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
waaaaaaaaaaaay back my cousin had a civic you know the whole deal lowered rims intake ect, well we drove by one of the smog check things of coures they made him go on the rollers. we asked what the whp was and they got pissed then after he passed the smog check, my cousin popped the trunk and showed him the full catback exhaust that was going on the car the next day. but thats the only smog check thing i have seen

fuckin ass bags
Old 01-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #26
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
this is such bull shit. If they're gonna do this then why do we have to have a MANDATORY smog check every 2 years. This is such a waste of tax payer money. Stop fucking with emissions stuff and get us out of debt, renovate our schools, get people off welfare. Shit.....
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #27
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
The article states that the CHP is stopping cars they "feel" might not pass emissions.

That is a stoppage and a search and temporary seizure and way, way too much discretion for individual officers.

Were I bar certified and a local community member, I would be inclined to challenge the legality of their scheme.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #28
Slidewayz Inc.
In time-out for misbehaving.

Slidewayz Inc. is making his/her stupidity well-knownSlidewayz Inc. is making his/her stupidity well-knownSlidewayz Inc. is making his/her stupidity well-knownSlidewayz Inc. is making his/her stupidity well-knownSlidewayz Inc. is making his/her stupidity well-known
thanks god i live in FL
Slidewayz Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #29
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to svensko
SoCal is SoCool, right? Oh wait...
Old 01-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #30
SidewayZ-s14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (14)
SidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by svensko View Post
SoCal is SoCool, right? Oh wait...
LOL no! Thank god i've never even seen one of those road side smog checks.
SidewayZ-s14 is offline   Reply With Quote