Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Password:JDM...

wow, ive kinda lost faith in some of the after market companies. I inquired about a set of 5 lug SSR reverse mesh they have in 15x7.5 +20 / +7. i emailed them first with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
hi, was wondering if the 15" SSR reverse mesh you have, are high disk on the front wheels for brake clearance
then they replied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password:JDM
What do you mean by high disk?
then i replied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
For big caliper clearance, I know that some of the 5 lug mesh came with it.
then they replied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password:JDM
The wheels does not say high disc, you just have to look at the offset listed and decide if it will clear your larger brakes or not.
i dont even want to take the time to reply to them and correct them because it just amazes me that a company that large wouldnt know a simple thing like that, even take the 5 mins to look up what high disk means.
silviaguy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
status:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to status:one
Why don't you contact the manufacturer instead of the retailer.

Then with the specs given to you by the manufacturer you can get in touch with whichever retailer you choose to purchase the wheels.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Well they are mostly for the Honda crowd from what ive seen.
So maybe just take your bu$ine$$ elsewhere.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by k's_silvia2.0 View Post
Well they are mostly for the Honda crowd from what ive seen.
So maybe just take your bu$$ elsewhere.
^ Bingo Bango.

I wonder how good their front end conversion kits are though...
ESmorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiatsu View Post
Why don't you contact the manufacturer instead of the retailer.

Then with the specs given to you by the manufacturer you can get in touch with whichever retailer you choose to purchase the wheels.
#1. they dont make the wheels anymore otherwise i would buy a brand new set.
#2. see #1

and yea i know they are for the honda crowd, but honda's cant run big brakes?
Old 01-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #6
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Are you even sure Reverse Mesh was offered in high and low disk? I don't remember them giving you a choice.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #7
Zilvia FREAK!

status:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to status:one
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
#1. they dont make the wheels anymore otherwise i would buy a brand new set.
#2. see #1

and yea i know they are for the honda crowd, but honda's cant run big brakes?
What kind of "big brakes" are you running anyway? I'm pretty sure a 7.5 +20 wheel will not clear a big caliper regardless. I could be wrong though.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:50 PM   #8
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

z32 brakes and mesh have 0 clearance unless they have high disk. and yes i did some research when i was buying another set of 5 lug mesh and found out SSR was the only company that offered high disk on mesh wheels.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:31 PM   #9
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Password JDM ? There's no FR love over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
wow, ive kinda lost faith in some of the after market companies. I inquired about a set of 5 lug SSR reverse mesh they have in 15x7.5 +20 / +7. i emailed them first with

then they replied

then i replied

then they replied

i dont even want to take the time to reply to them and correct them because it just amazes me that a company that large wouldnt know a simple thing like that, even take the 5 mins to look up what high disk means.
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:47 PM   #10
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
I fucking hate and I mean hate password jdm.

They used to be in the same business complex as my uncle's company.

So I stop by a few times to ask questions or try to find parts through them.

Total assholes who don't care about SR or FR love. They just want your money and then kick you out.

Everyone there was stuck up and had this look like I was wasting their time. Needless to say, fuck them.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:49 AM   #11
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I know that ALOT of aftermarket businesses suck at customer service. They do not understand how hard people have to work for their money. And that can make or break a business. I know those full color full page ads i am seeing
cost some bank. Kognition says, "try harder, and be excited!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
I fucking hate and I mean hate password jdm.

They used to be in the same business complex as my uncle's company.

So I stop by a few times to ask questions or try to find parts through them.

Total assholes who don't care about SR or FR love. They just want your money and then kick you out.

Everyone there was stuck up and had this look like I was wasting their time. Needless to say, fuck them.
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:52 AM   #12
SW20Racer
Nissanaholic!

SW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfection
thanks to them, you can now have SIX TOWHOOKS!!!!http://passwordjdm.com/Benen-Industr...P2062C296.aspx
SW20Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:58 AM   #13
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I don't think any mesh are offered in different disks. Maybe if you bought some thick enough spacers you could gain clearance that way.

But Most all flat faces like mesh will have a hard time if any to clear bb's.

Anyways, maybe it's for the better.

Mesh are outdated.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:32 AM   #14
SiI40sx
BANNED

SiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SiI40sx
mesh arent ment to be ran with bb kits anyway, cuz then u cant show off your bling!!!
SiI40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #15
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not that I purchase a ton of parts, but I shy away from places that don't specialize in FR cars. You tend to get responses like you posted.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #16
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
i was interested in their solid tower bars a while ago. nothing for the s14 so i asked. they said they would be introducing something soon. that was two years ago.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #17
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i used to deal with them when i had a civic, never had a problem. but i can definitely understand that they are geared for the honda crowd.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:27 AM   #18
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Atleast they replied I guess. A lot of companies I've dealt with would of ignored the email alltogether if they didn't know the answer!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #19
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
cant hate them for not knowing... Can only hate if they have bad service... but they should have some research on the product.. If teh wheels cant fit a 300zx, then they wont fit your car..

What brakes do u have? do you have Z32? ask them if they fit 300zx, if not, then those wheels will be out of hte question. dude 15x7.5, why even bother lol... The only brakes that might fit those are Q45
HyperTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #20
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
cant hate them for not knowing... Can only hate if they have bad service... but they should have some research on the product
Yeah, sometimes maybe a new employee might not be familiar with wheel fitment

I know people who have been in the industry a LONG time who have no idea on wheels

You gotta remember that a lot of Honda guys typically don't use special face on their wheels

Sometimes too, if say, you don't specialize in wheels, then its an honest mistake to not know about wheel specifics

So give them the benefit of the doubt, no need to put em on blast

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:57 PM   #21
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I have owned SSR Reverse Mesh. They will not repeat will not clear big brakes. The only brakes you could possibly get away with running with them might be Q45. You could fit 180sx brakes under them but ya they are not big brake friendly.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote