Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-17-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
Streetfighter

Trader Rating: (0)
Streetfighter will become famous soon enoughStreetfighter will become famous soon enoughStreetfighter will become famous soon enoughStreetfighter will become famous soon enoughStreetfighter will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR20 in a VERT finally done...

Thanks everyone for the help and pointers.

the car is not complete cause i need a exhaust... and i need to modify the stock fan shroud to fit with the AC canister thing...

it came with a blown turbo inlet gasket but a new one along with manifold gasket is on its way.

after that ill slap on the exhaust and see what difference itll be.

i hope it was worth it.

I would like to thank Chris for letting me use his shop and John with his Sr knowledge.

Bought the Clip and things from http://japaneseengineimport.com located in sterling...FYI

here is a video...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6bt8nxx8tI[/ame]

i sound retarded because this was hard and it was a big accomplishment...we both went into it blind at first

if you look at the video, that green blow by plug...haha after 10 mins i realized blocking that killed my idle...once we found some hoses off a jaguar it ran and idled perfect!
Streetfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
congrats but you will want more turbo very soon i believe
bigOdom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
I <3 non factory horns!
Old 02-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #4
Topless_92
Leaky Injector

Topless_92 will become famous soon enoughTopless_92 will become famous soon enoughTopless_92 will become famous soon enough
You should just take the AC out like i did on my vert...We have the luxury of putting the top down haha
Topless_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:24 AM   #5
240sx_LE
Leaky Injector

240sx_LE has made poor choices240sx_LE has made poor choices240sx_LE has made poor choices240sx_LE has made poor choices240sx_LE has made poor choices240sx_LE has made poor choices
you made a subie haul your clip around, awesome! nice job on the swap btw.
240sx_LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #6
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
congrats on the swap!!!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:16 AM   #7
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
That's awesome.

Congrats!

I love me some verts...

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:16 AM   #8
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Nice...Damn I hope mine works out as easy as yours did.

Should be starting mine this weekend,..Maybe.Waiting on Clutch and radiator.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:36 AM   #9
eds13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
eds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eds13
time for silvia front, hehehe
Old 02-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #10
ByeByeSti
Banned from the Marketplace

ByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant future
ahh i love verts!! congrats on the swap!, lets see some more pics
ByeByeSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #11
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
vert = sex. nice.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #12
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
Congrats on the swap.

Looks like your planning for a fmic, hence the batter looks relocated.

Gonna be sexy! keep up the good work!

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

downshift_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #13
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Very nice. Wish I had a shop like that to work in.
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #14
Aeroscraper326
Zilvia Addict

Aeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfection
Cool. Very nice and clean shop.
Aeroscraper326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #15
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Rusker is on a distinguished road
I was actually thinking of getting a small tow hitch for one of our subarus. I saw an ad for that exact trailer!

Awesome work. Swapping in an SR in a shop like that would have been great. Let's see some vids when you get it on the road.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #16
s13vert

s13vert is an unknown quantity at this point
keep it real, chuki life
s13vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #17
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
That air filter is huge. It's like a black hole. Congrats.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #18
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Did you plug the IACV? Is that why he has to keep reving it?
Old 02-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #19
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetfighter View Post
Bought the Clip and things from http://japaneseengineimport.com located in sterling...FYI
How was it dealing with them. A friend of mine has quite a few dealings with Noyan, so I'm probably going through them for my clip, but I was just curious on how JEI was to deal with. Did you get a whole clip, or just the motorset? Anything missing? I checked their site, and the S13 listing said like, motor, trans, turbo, uncut harness. The S14 listing also listed the CAS, and the igniter... Strange. Price? Etc.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #20
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Very nice.....
Old 02-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #21
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
Great facility and congrats...
Nikeboy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #22
kensreliableb18b
Zilvia Addict

Location: so cal - 626, 909, 562 and 949. 818 if i feel like running away
kensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nice
you dont need to modify the fan shroud. unbolt the canister and move it out of the way a bit. you'll need to put some force and carefully bend the lines.

oh, and thats a clean clip if i say so myself. they still have clean ones like that? lucked out!
kensreliableb18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:54 PM   #23
Wulfpak
Leaky Injector

Wulfpak is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats on getting it running
Wulfpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #24
civilized_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

civilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to civilized_drifter
i want a vert, but they are hard to find in my aera
Old 02-18-2008, 10:24 PM   #25
TWOFUNKY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
TWOFUNKY is making a name for him/her selfTWOFUNKY is making a name for him/her selfTWOFUNKY is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
nice,nice. Time to enjoy it and get it sideways.
TWOFUNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:20 AM   #26
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless_92 View Post
You should just take the AC out like i did on my vert...We have the luxury of putting the top down haha
I take it you've never been stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic in the middle of July lol.

Nice swap though man, I love it.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:27 AM   #27
Streetfighter

Streetfighter will become famous soon enoughStreetfighter will become famous soon enoughStreetfighter will become famous soon enoughStreetfighter will become famous soon enoughStreetfighter will become famous soon enough
thanks for the comments guys...

the breather for the cold pipe to the case breather was not connected...once we did that the car ran great.

im just waiting on the turbo inlet gasket.

ill get some video of it driving soon...

thanks

BTW im a huge subaru fan...

im amazed more of the trailer than the car pulling it...i had no doubts.

that trailer is from harbor freight...the 300 dollar one...lol
Old 02-19-2008, 10:40 AM   #28
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetfighter View Post
thanks for the comments guys...

the breather for the cold pipe to the case breather was not connected...once we did that the car ran great.
That's not a case breather that's your IACV. Looks like your PCV(case breather) system is hooked up. The green Plug you had was in your IACV tube. Why it couldn't idle.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #29
Streetfighter

i have a questions..

there is 2 vacum nipples on the inlet of the manifold

small and big one

i connected to the small one to the fuel regulator...

and the big one to the BOV

then the nipple from hot pipe to the wastegate...

does this sound correct?

this is what the car looks like on the outside btw....needs wheel spacers

Old 02-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #30
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by upSLIDEdown View Post
How was it dealing with them. A friend of mine has quite a few dealings with Noyan, so I'm probably going through them for my clip, but I was just curious on how JEI was to deal with. Did you get a whole clip, or just the motorset? Anything missing? I checked their site, and the S13 listing said like, motor, trans, turbo, uncut harness. The S14 listing also listed the CAS, and the igniter... Strange. Price? Etc.
Did you just miss my post or what? ;-)