Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:58 PM   #1
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
good place to get a helmet?

i'm looking for a place to buy a new helmet. snell 95 or whatever it is that most tracks are requiring these days. need before saturday so i can attend the greddy festival. i put this in regional instead of wtb cuz i need it asap.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Try Autobacs, pretty cheap there.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
word, i'll check it out on thursday. anywhere else?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #4
r6_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
r6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wal-mart sells Open Face helmets that are DOT approved.

I would give you mine, but I can't remember who the last person that I gave it to, LOL. Who has my helmet? Help this brotha out.
r6_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:14 PM   #5
MADE
Zilvia Addict

MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Craigslist has some deals and you can lowball the sellers!!
MADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:50 AM   #6
nrg
Zilvia FREAK!

nrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to nrg
you need a SA helmet not a M or DOT.

you can buy a used one that has sweat stains on it =X
or just buy g-force helmet for like 150 online.
http://www.soloracer.com/gforcehelmets.html is probably the cheapest i've found.

driftingisgay.com
nrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #7
bp057
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
bp057 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bp057 Send a message via MSN to bp057
Subesports has a good inventory, and is close to you.
bp057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #8
deadpirate
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
deadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to deadpirate Send a message via Yahoo to deadpirate
On Track Motorsport Supply. talk to Tom. he is a REALLY good guy, and will help you get the exact helmet you need. 805-484-3435

he also sells harnesses, racing suits, driving shoes, gloves, and other safety stuff
Old 02-21-2008, 12:18 AM   #9
Aoshi112
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Aoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aoshi112
Talk to Ferdie @ South Coast Performance. He has great deals on HJC helmets. I have an AR11 and I LOVE it. Ferdie will hook it up!
Aoshi112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:34 AM   #10
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
What about berts mega mart?
duffman1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:02 PM   #11
vutony
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (145)
vutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 145 reviews
if you find one in time, you can borrow mine
Old 02-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #12
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
I saw them at walmart... haha
Old 03-04-2008, 11:25 AM   #13
seto_s14
Zilvia Member

seto_s14 has much to be proud ofseto_s14 has much to be proud ofseto_s14 has much to be proud ofseto_s14 has much to be proud ofseto_s14 has much to be proud ofseto_s14 has much to be proud ofseto_s14 has much to be proud ofseto_s14 has much to be proud ofseto_s14 has much to be proud ofseto_s14 has much to be proud ofseto_s14 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to seto_s14
at tracks, can you use those helmets that are not entirely enclosed?

http://www.soloracer.com/gfgf750.html
Old 03-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #14
deadpirate
Zilvia FREAK!

deadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to deadpirate Send a message via Yahoo to deadpirate
^^ yes. but check with the venue before hand.

on track motorsports can get those for pretty cheap and tom can bring it to you at drift day events
Old 03-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #15
CAPTAINNEO
Zilvia Junkie

CAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to CAPTAINNEO
if i remember correctly, naoki/drift association was selling SA helmets too...might check with them.
CAPTAINNEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #16
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
Drift Association will now carry Zamp helmets

These helmets are full faced SA rated helmets at a very low price of

$180.00

For purchase information, you may contact [email protected]
Old 03-04-2008, 03:48 PM   #17
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
so what specifically do i need for just drift/autox days...by that i mean what stamp/approval is needed

i need a XXXL which makes it harder to find...and firgure out

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #18
LongGrain
Post Whore!

LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
if you have some money to spend, i'd suggest simpson racing. thats what i'm using anyway.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:54 PM   #19
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
You need a SA certified helmet. C'mon stevie, it was posted 3 times

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #20
CAPTAINNEO
Zilvia Junkie

CAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to CAPTAINNEO
get AT LEAST something SA95, if not SA00 or whatever the newest rating is (07?)...most track/club days allow you to drive with DOT Bike helmets, but some, such as drift association now require SA rated helmets. If you only want to buy one helmet, get one with SA rating.
I personally have 2 helmets, one DOT rated, and one SA rated. I find the DOT more comfy, i use that whenever i can, or when i go karting. only use the SA (sparco wtt-tk) when i HAVE TO.
CAPTAINNEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #21
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^ Good to know. Also, I think the newest one is SA2005. I know some places still allow SA85, but ditto on just getting something newer.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #22
LongGrain
Post Whore!

LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
^ Good to know. Also, I think the newest one is SA2005. I know some places still allow SA85, but ditto on just getting something newer.
yep, sa2005 is the newest.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #23
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGrain View Post
yep, sa2005 is the newest.

then i shall go with that ...thanks gents

Old 03-04-2008, 10:37 PM   #24
alex7
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
alex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nicealex7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You can go to BELL in Costa Mesa, they sell the pyrotec brand too, the open and closed face ones are fairly cheap and good for the money
alex7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:54 PM   #25
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

s13

can anyone help me find a XXXL SA00/05 closed helmet...

i was getting one but realised it wasnt worth it since ill be waiting for a while due to there crappy mailing systems...

Old 03-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #26
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
saferacer.com

as for the ratings go, the onlycome out every 5 years.
sa95
sa00
sa05

the next one will be sa10. most road racing bodies, nasa,scca, only let you use it for 10 years. spend the $$ and get sa05 and you will either crash and get a new helmet, or stop drifting by 2015 when you can't use them anymore!

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:18 PM   #27
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXTHESUS*PECT View Post
saferacer.com

as for the ratings go, the onlycome out every 5 years.
sa95
sa00
sa05

the next one will be sa10. most road racing bodies, nasa,scca, only let you use it for 10 years. spend the $$ and get sa05 and you will either crash and get a new helmet, or stop drifting by 2015 when you can't use them anymore!

LOL

so i take is SA00 ar still eligible and cheaper

Old 03-13-2008, 07:12 PM   #28
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
open face $149 SA2005

http://www.saferacer.com/g-force-750...?productid=997

closed $250

http://www.saferacer.com/g-force-pro...?productid=934

i have the open face one and it looks like this:

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 03-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #29
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

i have this one though:$200

http://www.saferacer.com/g-force-pro...productid=1269

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 03-13-2008, 07:16 PM   #30
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Per drift day tech. We require SA95 or higher rating helmets.

It's strictly enforced and we don't pass people for tech unless it's SA95 or higher.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote