Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-15-2008, 01:47 AM   #1
kaking
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (7)
kaking is making a name for him/her selfkaking is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
s13 upper arms???

time to get my car aligned and that means i need to buy upper/camber arm. ? is how do i decide which brand? you've got megan for like $160 then others around $300. is the price related to there quality? ive been leaning towards SPL because they seem to be a reputable brand, but id like some imput before buying.

so should i stay away from megan? if so whats a good brand that does rape the wallet too bad?
kaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2008, 01:55 AM   #2
240sxvaj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
240sxvaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
i heard megans break/bend faster
pay cheap, get cheap stuff

i learn the hard way
240sxvaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:07 AM   #3
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
lol...there is no upper arm. It's a macpherson strut setup........

camber is adjusted using adjustable pillowball mounts (come with any major coilover brand)....and/or with adjustable lower control arms ($$$)
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:08 AM   #4
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post
lol...there is no upper arm

camber is adjusted using adjustable pillowball mounts (come with any major coilover brand...or you can buy just the plates from TEIN)

It's a macpherson strut setup........
Two words - rear multi-link.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:43 AM   #5
kaking

kaking is making a name for him/her selfkaking is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
lol...there is no upper arm. It's a macpherson strut setup........

camber is adjusted using adjustable pillowball mounts (come with any major coilover brand)....and/or with adjustable lower control arms ($$$)
YOUR RETARDED, DONT SPEAK

obviously im talking about the rear. i have camber plates/pillowball mounts. i need upper control arms/ruca(whatever you wanna call em'). who said anything about lower control arms? they nothing to do with this

SO YOU DONT SPEAK
Old 10-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #6
remi
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
remi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Take a look at www.poweredbymax.net RUCA. They have their version 2 and are really beefy. Plus, they aren't terribly expensive, especially for the quality of what you get. I just purchased a pair and I'm really impressed.
remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:32 AM   #7
homeslicej2
Zilvia Member

homeslicej2 is making a name for him/her selfhomeslicej2 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxvaj View Post
i heard megans break/bend faster
pay cheap, get cheap stuff

i learn the hard way
My Megan RUCAs, Tie-rod ends, and T/C rods have held up just fine for the last 18+ months through regular and spirited driving and one accidental offroad excursion Were I close enough to a track to participate in various types of racing on a regular basis, then I would run something else, probably SPL, but for street use, they do fine. I do plan on upgrading to SPL in the future when the Megan's need replaced.
homeslicej2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:33 AM   #8
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
if you are low enough to seriously need a ruca i would get a rear toe arm as well.

if you want solid heim, i'd stick with the usual spl, battle version, etc

if you want cheap, get spc. they are cheap and yet not shitty (unlike most cheap arms), because they use a hard rubber bushing instead of a heim joint

a third option is to buy cheap arms and then buy good heims seperately. you can get them from places like baker precision
http://www.bakerprecision.com/rodpick.htm
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:45 AM   #9
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Search, topic has been beaten to death
Cliff notes: SPL - great customer support, aurora heim joints.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:08 AM   #10
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaking View Post
YOUR RETARDED, DONT SPEAK

obviously im talking about the rear. i have camber plates/pillowball mounts. i need upper control arms/ruca(whatever you wanna call em'). who said anything about lower control arms? they nothing to do with this

SO YOU DONT SPEAK
easy boy....

forgive me for making a simple mistake thinking you were talking about the front. I didn't give you a smart ass degrading reply calling you a retard....

you think ur the first one that want's to adjust rear camber?
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #11
ilovecoupes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to beholdilovecoupes is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you get what you pay for
Old 10-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #12
kaking

Quote:
easy boy....

forgive me for making a simple mistake thinking you were talking about the front. I didn't give you a smart ass degrading reply calling you a retard....

you think ur the first one that want's to adjust rear camber?
my bad dude, thought you were being a smartass trying to make feel dumb or something. just tryin to see what some quality links and arms are so i dont have to buy them twice
Old 10-15-2008, 01:48 PM   #13
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i got project nissan and they work fine. i have never had any probs and they are cheap...But i would pay attention because there is some real crap out there.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #14
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Search, topic has been beaten to death
Cliff notes: SPL - great customer support, aurora heim joints.
SPL uses QA1 rod ends exclusively from what I've seen. Not quite as nice as Aurora IMO, but not bad.

I use eBay arms that look like the old SPL stuff, have decent robotic orbital TIG welds. I just replaced the rod ends with Aurora's VCM line with teflon liners. They're plenty strong(the rod ends) - about 8k lbs radial load with a 5/8" rod end which most are.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #15
240sdoitsidewyz

240sdoitsidewyz will become famous soon enough240sdoitsidewyz will become famous soon enough240sdoitsidewyz will become famous soon enough240sdoitsidewyz will become famous soon enough240sdoitsidewyz will become famous soon enough
ive got the powered by max rucas and toe arms and i really like them and i daily dive and track my car.. oh and they're are beefy as hell
240sdoitsidewyz is offline   Reply With Quote