Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
JBao
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
JBao is making a name for him/her selfJBao is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
need date ideas in so cal

I'm setting up a new blog covering cool places to go in so cal.

So Cal Date Ideas. com

I'm looking for a few CHEAP/FREE ideas for the next few posts. I have other content I'm working on that has to do with food, but I'm looking for stuff similar to my tidepools post.

http://socaldateideas.com

Last edited by JBao; 12-05-2009 at 03:19 PM..
JBao is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
charkid
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
charkid is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
if this is a success, you're going to be my hero.
charkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
JEDIs13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (31)
JEDIs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
take your mom's SUV. pick up your chick and take her up GMR.
then let the magic happen hahahahaha
jk
JEDIs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
Driven08
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (354)
Driven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 354 reviews
Since you are in Riverside I suggest to go out downtown and enjoy the Festival of lights. Its a cheap date idea since you just walk around and look at the Christmas lights and eat at some of the vendors provided. Im going next week.
Driven08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
JEDIs13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (31)
JEDIs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven08 View Post
Since you are in Riverside I suggest to go out downtown and enjoy the Festival of lights. Its a cheap date idea since you just walk around and look at the Christmas lights and eat at some of the vendors provided. Im going next week.

good idea man. im gonna have to go check that out with the GF
JEDIs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Also in Newport Beach/Balboa they have the Christmas boat parade. Boats stroll down the water all lit up at night, lots of people watching them. It's pretty neat, but very packed. If you have to use the public restroom be prepared to wait at least 20 minutes haha. Although as you see this is only around Christmas time.

As for all year round, the arcade can be a fun cheap date sometimes. Camelot in Anaheim Hills has a nice minigolf setup, and lazer tag, as well as a lot of arcade games for all different ages.

Go-Karts can be a fun date, usually around $20 maybe a bit more for some, each race. Get all competitive with the girl .

Theres my input for now, I will have more. I think about this stuff all the time.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #7
Mista Lee
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
Mista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mista Lee
Mission Inn=win
Disneyland=win
Old 12-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #8
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
coww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to coww-cho!!!!!
if you are under 18 you can go to Gameworks Welcome To Gameworks
There are two of them in so-cal (Long Beach and Ontario) they have half off game specials everyday during certain hours

The Ontario location is in the Ontario Mills mall. It also hosts two different Movie theatres.

If you're 21 and up:
Make sure you bring I.D. Dave and busters is great for food and fun. Wednesdays they have half off all games
Dave & Buster’s – Eat, Drink, Play – Official Site

and outside the mall there is a krispy kreme donut shop that makes and distributes its donuts so get fattened up off a box of those haha

In Riverside:

There is a drive in movie theatre off of van buren blvd and correct me if im wrong one is rubidoux as well food is available though i'd prefer to bring in your own hot meal

Riverside (Riverside County) California
Rubidoux Drive-in: 951-683-4455
located at 3770 Opal Street @ Mission Blvd
¾mile w. of Valley Blvd. off-ramp on {60} Freeway
One of California's oldest continually-operated
Drive-ins, the Rubidoux was a solo screen venue
(with amusement park rides beneath the screen),
when it was first lit- back in 1948. Presently, there
are 3 screens lit-up with a double feature on each.
Movie admission: $5 for ages 12&UP (11&under free).
Open seasonally (May thru Sept), the old picture show
shuts down for the fall and winter months .. while the
FleaMarket SwapMeet held here operates year-round
on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday, from 6am.

Riverside (Riverside County) California
Van Buren Drive-in: 951-688-2360
located at 3035 Van Buren Blvd., ½mi s. of {91}
(Van Buren Blvd exit off the {91} Freeway)
Southern California's largest operating Drive-in
has 3 screens (each lit with a double-feature),
and an overall capacity to park up to 1500 cars.
The VanBuren is open year-round and provides
movie audio with FM-stereo radio broadcasts.
Admission: $5 for ages 12&UP; 11 & under free.
Flea Mkt SwapMeet here on weekends (FFI: 688-2829).

Castle Park:
the usual carnival attractions you have to pay for parking unless you park somewhere near the surrounding area and just walk in
they also have arcades inside the castle and minature golf right behind it
Castle Park

Santa Monica Beach:

The Santa Monica Pier:
they have carnival games rides and an arcade, its right there at the beach of course

Balboa beach: buy a balboa bar for you and your gf, at night fire pits are readily available most of the time people bring too much wood and give it away or they let you take over there own existing fire pit with firewood dont forget to bring stuff for smores

OC AND SURROUNDING AREAS:
Guppys teahouse:
http://www.myguppyteahouse.com/
this place has asian cuisine but the best part is the huge bowl of shaved ice topped with fruits for the health conscious and is big enough for two or more people

CUE STUDIOS: http://www.cuephotostudio.com/index.html
if you wanna get jdm tyte with photos go here but be prepared to spend about $3~8 for every photoshoot. the photos are editable and are printed out on a spread sheet of about 4 of your favorite slected photos which can be cut out and peeled off to stick anywhere

NOT MY PICTURE but you get the idea
**CoUpe LOve** #3

Last edited by coww-cho!!!!!; 12-05-2009 at 11:19 PM..
coww-cho!!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #9
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

coww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
and if you really wanna hit it off last year there was temporary ice skating rink and those cinderella carriages that take along to see the lights
**CoUpe LOve** #3
Old 12-06-2009, 12:24 AM   #10
JBao
Zilvia Member

I'm actually very familiar with all things riverside. I'm currently in OC but mission inn is on the agenda...I don't have any good photos from the lights and I want to get a detailed article of surrounding businesses (natural history museum, photography museum, heritage museum). Mission inn around christmas time used to be my panty-dropper when I was playing.

These ideas are GREAT, guys. Keep em comin!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:25 AM   #11
JBao
Zilvia Member

and the drive-in...I MISS THAT SO MUCH. every time i went, a fight would break out. good ole riverside crowd.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #12
dOMEmE
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
dOMEmE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Guppies FTW!! or theres a hookah bar in Anaheim Hills thats pretty "classy"...called Hidden Cafe, and in that same shopping center theres also a Guppies Tea house.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:32 AM   #13
JBao
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Lee View Post
Mission Inn=win
Disneyland=win
I noticed you sigged pbnation .. I used to play for dpb factory west and kamikaze kidz. :P
Old 12-06-2009, 01:02 AM   #14
Driven08
Post Whore!

Driven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by coww-cho!!!!! View Post
and if you really wanna hit it off last year there was temporary ice skating rink and those cinderella carriages that take along to see the lights
I forgot about the ice rink even though i helped set it up a bit. Fuck those carriages man they wanted like $70. $70 for a tour of the ghetto neighborhoods? I see it for free on my way to work, lol.

However I did take the cheaper ride which was like $8 for 2 or something. Not really worth it IMO.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:05 AM   #15
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dOMEmE View Post
Guppies FTW!! or theres a hookah bar in Anaheim Hills thats pretty "classy"...called Hidden Cafe, and in that same shopping center theres also a Guppies Tea house.
I was a manager at the Togo's there for 4 years, still am sort of an employee there just don't work there until May when I get my license back. All my friends are always at Hidden Cafe and Guppies. It's a pretty chill place to hang out with friends, not so sure about a date though. Maybe just because I know everyone around there haha.

How about christmas lights viewing? I know some girls that just like to drive to the huge mansion houses (up in Yorba Linda, Villa Park, etc.) and look at really nice christmas lights. Kinda just a time to drive and make conversation and relax.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #16
JBao
Zilvia Member

theres one REALLY excellent christmas light neighborhood in deep riverside/corona somewhere. I can't remember the exact location but they attract the whole city. you can't even find parking in the neighborhood during christmas.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #17
JBao
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Lee View Post
Mission Inn=win
Disneyland=win
I just launched my paintball article
Old 12-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #18
Mista Lee
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
Mista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mista Lee
haha nice. another zilvia/pb person :P
I quit about 2 years ago though.. got a bit expensive juggling cars and paintball..
plus, nobody was doing shit to fix up any of the fields at SCV so blah..
Old 12-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #19
drftkng951
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
drftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond reputedrftkng951 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:

i went last night with my gf and a good idea to ANY of these cold winter events is to take your own coffee or hot chocolate. My girl friend made 2 cups of Abuelita chocolate and it lasted most of the time we walked around.
drftkng951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:49 PM   #20
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBao View Post
theres one REALLY excellent christmas light neighborhood in deep riverside/corona somewhere. I can't remember the exact location but they attract the whole city. you can't even find parking in the neighborhood during christmas.

i know that in corona if you take main st all the way south you'll hit garretson and there are mansions there which have tons of christmas lights on display

if you have google earcth or know how to use the online version type in main st, corona, ca

and you'll see from aerial view that some have tennis courts basketball couarts and things of that nature and check the street view to get a general idea of where its at i know the signal light for turning onto garretson has a Wendys and a pizza place next to it
**CoUpe LOve** #3
Old 12-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #21
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Go Carts off Carson and the 405 first,

Then hit up HT Grill in Redondo Beach, and then Hermosa Beach for some drinks.

not cheap or free though haha
Old 12-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #22
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
There is a pink Berries on Vermont, right above Hollywood Blvd in the los feliz area.
Then, within 2 miles there is either,
Griffith Park Observatory that over looks Hollywood/LA/and all the way to the beach.
Great at sunsets.
Great at night too, and sometimes they set up a telescope outside you can look at stuff.
Other people around so its not to streesful date stuff yaknow.
Its romatic, but because of the other people around, it doesnt feel forced or over the top.
In the daytime, you can park at the bottom and hike up the trail to the observatory.
Then, there are usually kids having field trips and checking the place out on the inside.
So you can go in with your date.
Its kind of a museum feel, with little displayes and things you can read.

Or,

If your been past some holding hands, or your going for it, and thats it.
Take your Pink Berry to the Los Feliz Fountain, and watch traffic drive by wehile you chill in the dark and look at the fountain and laugh.
pic i took of fountain.

In the summer months they have the movies at the Hollywood forever cemetary.
Its not to expensive.
Once again, people around, so its takes that stressful edge off dating and also gives you alot to look at and talk about, so you dont end up in uncomfortable silence.

Downtown Hollywood, FREE !
Walk the stars, look at stupid ass shit in tacky sovenier shops and laugh, take each others pictures putting your hands on the handprints, look at the people dressed in outfits, and WATCH the tourist (there funny to people watch) get a coffee and walk around.
Go in the week or earlier in the night, so your date doesnt wish you were taking her to an expensive club.

This is a little artsy and you gotta have a girl really comfortable. More like a 3rd date, middle of the week.
Get a starbucks and just go downtown LA.
In the main skyscraper area off of the 110/101/ area.
Downtown is literally dead at night. not even a car after 11pm.
If you like photos and you both have some talent, it makes a great photography date.
Stay away from the end of the number streets south of little tokyo.
Better if you drive through on a night off and check out the areas you wanna be first.
Mainly around disney concert hall and MOCA.

China town is cool at night.
There is lights and a little fountain you can throw change at for good luck.
Go just after dark, so some shops will still be open.
Or go in the daytime with all the foot traffic.
after 8is, its pretty dead and everythings closed for the most part.

At night, Little Tokyo has icecream shops and a couple little stores with all kinds of cool fashion things, stationary, odd japanese household items, and is prett safe.
There are restraunts and a starbucks there as well as a pink berry.

Venice beach is always cool on the weekend.
Rent the bikes, ride down the beach.
check out all the shops.

Santa Monica Pier.

MOCA,

Getty Museum is HUGE and only cost the parking amount.

La Brea Tarpits is pretty cheap.

Edison is really nice for a drink and has cool shows, dress decently though.

Universal City Walk
is the price of parking and has all kinds of stuff to do and is nice at night time and kinda exciting in the day.
Lots to look at and talk about.

Some Disney land pics if you want,

The hillside behind Burbank has a nice view.

This may seem odd.
If you have Dinner, and it goes well. And you didnt have any plans lined up.
The Top of Parking garages in a pickle can substititue a great view. Especially in the city.
And will put you in a "cool" catagorie of a artsy, just a little different than a typical douche catagorie.
No one ever perks on the top, and you get a great view, your car windo open with a little music if you want, bring your pink berry, and look over the city or people watch.
This ones in Burbank.

The one at the ARClight in Hollywood is great too.
You can park at the Arclight.
Go to Borders Books across the street, go to Ameba
Have a nice dinner at the Arclight Cinema, or just the fruit and cheese plate ($12.00).
watch a movie, then take the elevator to the top of the parking garage and it over looks LA really nicely.

Mullholland drive over looking the valley.

You can go fly a kite like me and my girlfriend, lol.
http://countvoncastro.blogspot.com/2...ying-kite.html

Kinda miss dating random chicks, lmao!!
lotta fun.
But dates with my GF are even more fun

Most of those spots have ALOT to talk about, so its easier for the people on the date to get comfortable and fall into conversation.

The pics are mine, if you wanna use em let me know.
To bad my camera didn't work, i could get you more pics and we could blow your site up! lol
If you want better info on the date places or more, just PM me.
I would also enjoy writing some articles for you.
Of course, you would need to edit it for grammer and what you wanted it to say specifically.

Last edited by ericcastro; 12-07-2009 at 12:14 PM..
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #23
JBao
Zilvia Member

castro, you stud.

I might use your pics, what do you want the backlink to? dpp?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #24
Driven08
Post Whore!

Ericcastro....your thread is full of WIN!

Damn I gotta go check some of those places out, ive been wanting to go to Universal City Walk for a while maybe ill go check it out.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #25
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
lol,
my flickr is probably good.
Or to Eric Castro, Cinematographer and Gaffer residing in Hollywood CA

thanks.
GoodLuck man.
It sounds like a great idea for a site.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #26
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Damn Eric, I learned a lot about you by just clickin' that link. I had no idea you did all that cinematography and such. Pretty damn good ideas. I also agree with your parking structure idea, I took a girl to the movies and got ice cream after, and at night I told her to follow me up to the top of the parking structure and we got to the top nobody was there at night, lookin' at all the lights in HB. She actually really liked it.