Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
aaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Mineral Wells 4/10/2010 drift event and car meet

Drifting:  Alrighty folks, here we go again.  If you don't know where this venue is, just go to maps.google.com and search for Mineral Wells Airport, TX.  Click on the satellite pic and you can see where we play VERY clearly. The lot is HUGE, and we often hit speeds of around 100mph on entry.  Everyone is welcome to come out and drive even if it is your first time.  We have people to instruct you, and help you through your first day.  Drivers meeting is at 9:30 am or slightly after, and we drive until around 4:30-5:30 pm.  This is the last Mineral Wells date to practice before the LONESTARBASH comes to us in MAY.

Car Meet:  Come hang out in a fun atmosphere with a bunch of people with cool cars.  Ride along with the drifters, get some pointers, and be a part of the Texas scene.  We regularly have some really cool cars out at Mineral Wells, and you don't have to worry about getting kicked out by cops or standing around without anything fun to do.  Regular cars that attend our events include about 8 LS1 swapped import cars, 2JZ swapped cars, a V8 AE86, tons of turbo 240sx's, BMWs, 350Zs, etc.  You will have fun!  Bring a helmet so you can ride along with the drifters!

Media:  We will be shooting some cars on Saturday before the event, and then again on the Sunday of the event.  The photographer is looking for cool cars to shoot for blogs such as Motormavens.com, Speedhunters.com, Stanceworks.com, and many others.  He also has work featured in magazines such as S3 Magazine, and all the major import tuner mags.  Here is a link to the photographers flickr stream.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/evinsj

Here is the home thread for this if you are reading on other forums besides Fabricatedmotorsports.com.   http://fabricatedmotorsports.com/for...p?topic=1723.0

DON'T FORGET THE LONESTARBASH IS MAY 16!

----------------------

Don't forget this MW event is coming up, get ready!!!!!

On a different note, the GSS event was a lot of fun, and had some great driving at it. Thanks for coming out everyone! Here are some pics in link form!

Grand Sport Speedway 3/28/10 (some pictures and video) - Houston240sx.com Forums

FM 03-28-2010 Dorifto - FishEyePix's Photos

Last edited by aaronlosey; 04-05-2010 at 12:01 AM..
aaronlosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #2
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
aaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I thought I would toss this in here, it is a recap of an amazing event I just had a part in down in Houston.

-------------------------------------

Ok, here we go.....

I was contacted several months ago by the gentlemen at Import Reactor and Anime Matsuri to throw them a drift event.  They wanted the drift event to be big, awesome, fast, at naight, with walls, etc.  I was excited to be a part of this, so I agreed to do it.  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Maydaygarage.com was a huge part of everything.  

We went about making this awesome by hand selecting the drivers that would come, then the venue, then adding everything that a cool event needs.  John wanted to do it at night, and he wanted it to be fast, so we did that.  The other John likes to do everything big so he went through the effort of getting Van Gitten Jr down to class the joint up, along with Smokey Nagata.  Then they had the cool idea of getting the car show people involved by basically raffling the drifters off to them, which turned out extremely cool.  

So, after lots of planning, taking care of all the details I drove down on Tuesday night to start the preparations for the event.  I had already been down to the track to scout everything out earlier in the week, and had just thrown the road course GSS event a couple days prior, so this was a lot of time on the road.  But anyways I went down and crashed at Chelsea's house, got up in the morning, had some Panera Bread, and headed over to GGP. There was a huge fork lift that was waiting for me, which was one of the highlights of my weekend.  That thing was rad!  We spent all day trying to get the Krails on the ground, along with the fencing, course layout, etc.  I got to drive a bit and tandem around which was fun between working, and around midnight or so I got to leave and go to sleep.  Oh yeah, I ate dinner with Derrick and JR's dad, who is crazy lol!  I woke up early and got breakfast again and planned out the schedule with a John, and went back to work.  I setup all day long, kept everything on schedule, and as luck would have it, pretty much everything went super smooth!  Van Gitten gave ride alongs, entertained the crowd, and was professional.  JRod announced, my volunteers kept everything going, the drivers were awesome, the lights were bright, and the crowd was happy.  Stew won, Sammi Tiger got second, and Ameen got third.  There was some awesome driving, along with some 14 car tandem with JR leading, Speedhunters coverage, professional camera stuff going on, etc.  

After the event I was there stupid late cleaning, and I could barely walk that night, I was a zombie.  We woke up the next day and had Panera AGAIN, and went over to the Anime/Car show.  It was extremely classy, in a SWANK area, with something like 10000+ anime kids running around.  It was huge, they rented out an entire hotel in a swank area, and the event was really well thrown.  Stew and Russell got thrown out of the event for doing burnouts, but they were able to come back in after their cars were removed.  

I just want to say thanks to Anime Matsuri, Maydaygarage, and Import Reactor for letting me be a part of this.  I was proud to put on the drifting show, and you guys did Texas drift scene a great service by putting so much of your resources behind it.  I hope all my drivers contact the organizers and personally thank them.

Here is a bit of media coverage.  More will be up soon, and it will be awesome!

Import Reactor (Drift Event) – Houston, TX – Canibeat

| Castaneda Photography

This is one of the Johns on the left everyone needs to thank for the event.  He was the resources and a lot of the logistics behind it.  

Here is Derrick rockng the brat.  He was about the second closest person to the wall time after time next to JR, Sammi and Russell.

My friend Sammi.  Too fast to be captured by film, even when out of his car.

SHREDDER

Chelsea!

-----------

Maydaygarage took the effort to go around before the event and put up drivers bio's for a lot of the drivers which was awesome too, with full photo shoots and everything.  Please go to Maydaygarage.com for all of them, but here are a few of them below.  

http://maydaygarage.com/2010/03/24/i-r-dri...-hooters-drift/

http://maydaygarage.com/2010/03/22/i-r-dri...-gnarley-drift/

http://maydaygarage.com/2010/03/18/i-r-dri...n-brad-burnett/

aaronlosey is offline   Reply With Quote