Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
hydeciel

Trader Rating: (0)
hydeciel is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking to get a 240sx

Hello everyone,

I am new here to the boards and I am hoping to learn from you all and give back to this community as my knowledge grows.

I need some help though. I am looking to get a 240sx to drive for fun, and to start Autocrossing(Solo), learn more about cars in general (DIY) and drifting as a hobby, all in controlled locations of course. Everyone here obviously knows a lot more about 240's than I. I wanted to defer to your knowledge before I bought one. Does anyone have any advice on looking for and buying a 240sx? Anything to look out for, price range, etc? I am a total

Thanks,
Hyde
hydeciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
endlessboost
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
endlessboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
where in montgomery county are you?
endlessboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:05 AM   #3
buentellomma
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
buentellomma is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydeciel View Post
Hello everyone,

I am new here to the boards and I am hoping to learn from you all and give back to this community as my knowledge grows.

I need some help though. I am looking to get a 240sx to drive for fun, and to start Autocrossing(Solo), learn more about cars in general (DIY) and drifting as a hobby, all in controlled locations of course. Everyone here obviously knows a lot more about 240's than I. I wanted to defer to your knowledge before I bought one. Does anyone have any advice on looking for and buying a 240sx? Anything to look out for, price range, etc? I am a total

Thanks,
Hyde
nissan 240sx' are fun cars with a lot of aftermarket parts for it. the first one i had we bought brand new in 90 and i picked up another one in 2003 so between those two cars that i still own i have been through a few sr20s and two built ka's. as with any hobby it cost to play so if your looking to find one in good shape its going to cost you 3-5k get one that hasnt been messed with. this will save yourself the head ache of redoing or undoing peoples crappy work. then there are the different models they come in, you didnt say which one you wanted? s13 hatch back, s13 coupe , s14? try looking on autotrader and craigslist.
buentellomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
hydeciel

hydeciel is an unknown quantity at this point
@endlessboost - Rockville area

@buentellomma - Thanks for the advice on that. As for what I am looking for; I really like the s13 coupe, but it seems there are more s13 hatch backs available. The S14's are really nice, too. I hear they generally have better handling and performance. I really like the style of all of them, so it is a hard choice(I am a fan of hatchbacks in general too), but if I had to select one, probably a S14. I've seen some sexy body mods on the S14 and it seems like there are more parts available for them.

Any truth to that?
hydeciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
RzenConcptS13

RzenConcptS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
there very reliable, i bought a 240 like 6months ago, and ive hadnt had any counter of major problems till just now. there really funn if u decided to get one
RzenConcptS13 is offline   Reply With Quote