Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:35 AM   #1
PlatinumSR20
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
PlatinumSR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PlatinumSR20 Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumSR20
DC/MD/VA area: Need quick troubleshooting help. Will pay for time or gas+!!

I don't post much, but I'm having a bit of trouble with my 240 and it's irritating the crap out of me.

I'm looking for someone with a similar setup to let me swap their ecu into my car just for testing. I can drive to you, meet up with you, whatever.

Short summary:
I have a 240 with a S13 swapped SR. It was completely stock and ran perfect. About 3 months ago, I upgraded to a GT2871r, with a tubular manifold, Z32 maf, and a new complete fmic kit. These are the ONLY things i changed on my car. I have sent my computer out to Emance TWICE for the upgraded mods and it stills runs like shit. It runs decent under normal driving conditions, but as soon as I go WOT, it falls on it's face, sputters, backfire, etc... The new Z32 maf and fmic kit was installed by Ben at Freed Eng. He spent time trying to figure out the issue and he came to the conclusion that it was the computer and said everything else is perfect. I sent my computer to Emance and once again I still have the same issue. Also, I have a CEL, but it won't allow me to pull the code. I never had a CEL until after I sent my computer out to be chipped.

For quicker response text me at 240-432-9005, Shawn.
PlatinumSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
buentellomma
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
buentellomma is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
did you check the volts on the tps?
buentellomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
PlatinumSR20
Leaky Injector

I personally didn't check, but Ben did all the trouble shooting at the shop, so I'm sure he looked at all possible causes. He assured me that everything else on the car is working perfectly and that the ECU is the culprit.

But before abandoning this Emance setup completely, I wanted to be 100% sure that it doesn't do the same with another ECU.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
How much boost are you running? It sounds like you're maxing your injectors out. You have a lot more air going into the system, yet you didn't upgrade the fuel that's going in.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
PlatinumSR20
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
How much boost are you running? It sounds like you're maxing your injectors out. You have a lot more air going into the system, yet you didn't upgrade the fuel that's going in.
I told him my setup and he said that I was fine with 370 injectors, but from what I am reading, that does seem to be the case.

Currently, I'm running off of the wastegate, but the ecu is tuned for 12psi. The car reacts the same exact way whether on the wastegate or at 12psi.