Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-20-2003, 11:48 PM   #1
Nismo 180sx Tuner
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Nismo 180sx Tuner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nismo 180sx Tuner
Cheap Sr20det swap

Ok here is the deal my friend is going to trade me his s14.5 for my s13 once i get a sr20det swap so my question what is the cheapest way to do the swap. I want this car thanks guys
Nismo 180sx Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2003, 11:56 PM   #2
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
why would you want to trade after you get an sr20 swap? your car will be faster and his will still be the same. anyways, an sr20 swap might cost more than the s15 conversion.. well, you can just do a ghetto install if you're trying to find the cheapest way to do the swap. find a complete motorset. use stock everything..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 12:00 AM   #3
hadokenny
Leaky Injector

hadokenny is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cheap Sr20det swap

Quote:
Originally posted by Nismo 180sx Tuner
Ok here is the deal my friend is going to trade me his s14.5 for my s13 once i get a sr20det swap so my question what is the cheapest way to do the swap. I want this car thanks guys
I think thats a pretty good deal actually. U can get a s13 clip for like a little more than 2k and if u can do the labor urself, u will save a grip. Labor is usually around 1.5k...
hadokenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 01:17 AM   #4
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
clips have risen in price recently. plus, s15 fronts can be pieced together for around 2k also. so its probably a fair trade. just you're having more hassle cuz you have to source and swap in the engine.

Quote:
Old 09-21-2003, 02:38 AM   #5
old_s13
BANNED

old_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
pathetic
old_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 04:09 AM   #6
DRFT
Post Whore!

DRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her self
DIY
Old 09-21-2003, 05:15 AM   #7
DudeYourSoOOJDM
Zilvia Junkie

DudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to DudeYourSoOOJDM
If that's ur car in your signature, I'd consider some suspension before anything.....

Stock height is ish.

Hey...your driving on the left side....Your car is a 240sx not a 180sx no matter how hard it or you try.

Last edited by DudeYourSoOOJDM; 09-21-2003 at 05:17 AM..
DudeYourSoOOJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 08:35 AM   #8
Nismo 180sx Tuner
Leaky Injector

Ok i am planning on doing all the work myself with some friends. I want to know if any of you gyus know were i can get all the parts for an sr20det really cheap i found a clip on ebay for like 2gs.
And i know my car isnt a 180 but once i get done doing a sr20det swap it will be a little closer to being a 180 hints my plate it going to be "LIL 180"
But i need some suggestions of where to get a front clip

Engine
innercooler
uncut wiring harrness
ECU
tranny
That is all i need to do the sawp right
Plus what can you do the same if the harrness is cut where do they cut it
Thanks guys
Old 09-21-2003, 08:52 AM   #9
FRpilot
Post Whore!

dont buy from ebay. you'll most likely be missing a lot of stuff unless you find a reputable seller on there. if you're going the cheapest route, you can just use the stock intercooler. if the harness is cut, then you're **** out of luck. you either have to get a shop to rewire it, grab a fsm and some aspirin and handle it yourself, or buy another harness. there are lots of places to get front clips. some reputable places that come to mind are phase2 and srswap.com they are in the links section.

Quote:
Old 09-21-2003, 10:38 AM   #10
old_s13
BANNED

looks like a new school 240SX owner with a jdm identity crisis, wanting to do a motor swap and hasnt done the research yet either.

i see a disaster waiting to happen.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

funny, i can already see the future... "dude whats up with the attitude, why are you being such a dick."

the answer? when you ask people on a forum for answers, and dont take the time to research and learn.. you just kinda "trust" what some jackazz says over a forum, that makes you look lame.. lack of preperation.

take the time, learn more about the car, learn more about the motor swap, THEN start asking more questions.

- mike
Old 09-21-2003, 10:56 AM   #11
Ricer240sx
Zilvia Addict

Ricer240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Ricer240sx Send a message via MSN to Ricer240sx Send a message via Yahoo to Ricer240sx
ok u guys are kinda dumb here. he is asking for the cheapest place to buy from so he can get teh motor asap (cause hes not rich) he isnt worried much about how reliable it will be cause after about a month its out of his hands. a little shady.......yes......but thats what the situation is. he is not looking for a motor that will last him forever mod after mod. he wants a motor that wont be completly ****ed but he wants to spent as little as possible so he can get his Kouki S14 (thats what he ment, not s14.5)
Old 09-21-2003, 04:01 PM   #12
DudeYourSoOOJDM
Zilvia Junkie

DudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to DudeYourSoOOJDM
A budget motor swap isn't just the money needed for a clip/motorset.

What about the budget for necessary things that should be done immediately....I'm repeating myself and 1000 other people's advice:

what about your clutch? fuel pump? fluids? if your MAFS is bad? if your turbo is blown? if you get bad coilpacks? if your ignitor chip is fried? ETC ETC.

I did mine on a budget almost 2 years ago....came w/ a bad clutch. I was smart enough to have $1000 on the side for stuff that could and did go wrong.

I bought a new clutch, boost guage, and fuel pump within 3 days of the swap.

Good luck w/ what you're trying to do...but we've seen this too often......

HOpe your not one of the future threads: SR blown up helP! or i got pulled over and sent to a Referee what can I do?

Research...its not that hard
Old 09-21-2003, 05:38 PM   #13
gilwankel
Leaky Injector

gilwankel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to gilwankel Send a message via Yahoo to gilwankel
Best SR20 site Here
gilwankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 07:23 PM   #14
Nismo 180sx Tuner
Leaky Injector

U know what this site ****in sucks. I was going to send in $20 for the new server cuz **** but **** that this is the gayest ****ing site in the world. You dont think people search before they post **** all you people on this site and this site. I post a s14 with a rb26 in it and all anyone does is knock it down **** you all that car can smoke anything any of you could ever afford. Here is an idea go play with guns with the safetys off. **** you all i am not coming back

www.club240.com is 50 times better

Old 09-21-2003, 07:47 PM   #15
RoNiN240sx
Zilvia Member

RoNiN240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
is he calling himself an 14 times over or....? talk about getting butthurt, not everyone's gonna leap to help you out when all the answers you need for your questions have been discussed and can be found with a quick search of the forums. so you'll get help and you'll get flames, just accept it. btw, all that cussing doesn't make you look any better.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:58 PM   #16
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
LOL

Everyone calm down and lets not bring another forum into the picture.

Nismo 180sx Tuner - Most of the post your getting are mainly because they want to tell you more then what your asking for. You never know...you might actually learn something and might rethink your plans. Are you trying to get a Kouki S14?? (97-98 240SX) Is this guy a close friend or is his an acquaintance (someone you just say "hi" to)? Either way I can see one side being happy and the other one being jealous or upset...JUST MY OPINION. I was very tempted to trade my car for a S13 with a SR swap...but the turbo is bad and I LOVE my car.

Anyways...the answer your post in the best way...

* source out a redtop front clip/motorset from a reliable source....DO NOT BUY FROM E-BAY!!!

* Once you have that, source out needed parts to complete the swap, such as (but not limited to) fuel pump, oil pan and IC piping.

* Now read up as much as you can, ask questions to people who have done the swap (via e-mail, PM or AIM)...DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER THREAD (just giving you a heads up).

* Grab some friends, the tools, FSM, and the patience to complete the swap.

This is purely my suggestion and you can take it how you want to. Have money saved up just incase sh<i></i>it happens.

Again....lets not bring up other forums into this thread....its just asking for more "drama" (IMO).

Edit: Just remember....do what makes YOU feel good.

Last edited by SimpleS14; 09-21-2003 at 08:02 PM..
SimpleS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 08:19 PM   #17
DuffMan
Post Whore!

DuffMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to DuffMan
Cheapest way:

Buy a motor with nothing. Cut harness and everything. Then be creative.

Make a SR harness with a KA harness, which actually isnt that difficult. Use a KA ignitor chip for cylinder 1 and v6 ignitor for 2-4. Use a KA24E mas air flow. Buy an ecu on ebay for $150.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 09:32 PM   #18
DRFT
Post Whore!

DRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her self
Engine
innercooler
uncut wiring harrness
ECU
tranny
That is all i need to do the sawp right

its spelled intercooler

and does anyone even post on club240?
Old 09-22-2003, 11:04 AM   #19
old_s13
BANNED

"U know what this site ****in sucks. I was going to send in $20 for the new server cuz **** but **** that this is the gayest ****ing site in the world."

Good... BYE! Oh I *was* gonna donate and now that you guys are not spoon-feeding answers to me, I am gonna leave. Wow, we NEED more LOYAL forum members like you! Its simple, if you wanna be here.. stay.. if you dont, bounce.

"You dont think people search before they post ****"

Okay, how about this.. search AND read the search results. Dont be stupid, there is literally 10 TIMES more information out right now, then there was back when *I* was starting out in the 240 world. You guys have info sitting ALL over the place, its quite obvious you lazy bastards dont want to read. You gotta play ruff to get the muff, quit being stupid. If you cant handle modifying a car, DONT. This isnt the Honda land, where people just have kits for everything.

Stupid new schoolers.. get some backbone and learn to innovate. Besides being one, do you even own any tools?

You are going to TRADE your car for a newer 97-98 240SX.. the whole concept sounds retarded. You are going to trade an OLD car with a "slapped together" motor swap, for a MUCH newer S14? It doesnt make any sense. Obviously SOMEONE here is gonna get a really bad end of the bargain. Besides, lets just imagine.. what if the deal doesnt fall through, then we have yet another CHEAPLY converted 240SX w/ an SR swap. It will not only look like a bad swap, but will also run like absolute crap. The whole concept sounds like a disaster.

So while you catch feelings and get all upset, you SHOULD be thanking us in advance for the early notification. We're basically giving you the heads up, and you're complaining.

Lill GTR, Lill 180, god all this lill crap is really starting to piss me off (atleast the lill gtr is a pretty good car, just a lame name).
Old 09-22-2003, 12:39 PM   #20
ruf
Zilvia FREAK!

ruf is an unknown quantity at this point
Ah give him a break. I mean his dream girl is Tila Nyugen, and he's proud to have touched an RB. HAHAHAHA! I almost feel sorry for the guy...if I wasn't laughing so hard.
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 12:56 PM   #21
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
just a thought but, i don't think he will be missed if he actually leaves