Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 02:15 AM   #1
ayororo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
ayororo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Rochelle's sil40 build :)

So i guess this is a project
More than a build.

it started off as a chuki..

then i got side skirts and got rid of those wheels.

then I decided that I really wanted a silvia front end.. so i searched and searched and came across a front bumper for super cheap..

but the prev owner cut out a whole chunk of it on the bottom i guess for whatever set up he had -_-.

after the bumper.. i found someone selling fenders, hood, and corner lights, buttt.. they were pretty messed up. driver side fender was ruined and the hood was bent.. so he gave it for a very good price .
my dad fixed it and voila it was do able

then I found a good deal on triple projectors and hopped on it.

lol putting together the silvia front was like a scavenger hunt, specially when ballin on a budget.

my dad, my personal mechanic , tried covering up the hole on the bumper by putting a plastic piece over it and later on will be covered with a pig lip.. so i seached for one.

I was desperate for a pig lip and for some reason no one was selling it at the time and one of the few ones being sold in my area was for $90.. so i said eff it and bought that shit -_-, it cost more than the bumper lol.

then I needed wheels. I already had a pair of xxr's from a long time ago when i got my first 240.. so i figured ill just save money and buy another pair for now..

then my bf got me coilovers , which rides super nice btw
Tanabe sustec pro

I forgot to mention in the beginning that this car was auto.
and also, it had stock ka but the motor was pretty bad already and wouldnt pass smog...

so might as well get an sr swap right?

after about a week of looking, we found the best deal ever.

complete blacktop sr swap
5sp tranny
with blitz fmic
megan downpipe
blitz bov
koyo radiator
nismo shift knob

so yay, finished the swap
then got a Walbro fuel pump

and also bought a steering wheel from pink godzilla

although i wanna get a deep dish one, i wanna keep this cus of the pretty color lol.

I really couldnt stand the front bumper, so i actually got another one in great condition no holes no chunks of it missing.

then we put on a 3" turboback exhaust

next.... guess what the bf got me as an early xmas present?

kouki tails!

then for xmas, my parents got me hid's and fogs

thennn, i wanted to get rid of that rear bumper, but i couldnt until i found a rear valence .. cus it wouldnt match the sideskirts and lip..

after looking and looking.. i finally found a great deal on it and bought it asap

and that was pretty much the last piece i needed to finally get my car painted.

BEFORE:

NOW:

got it painted last week and here it is

(this was before the wheels were painted silver)

I really really want different wheels tho, so thats my next project but these'll do for now

complete makeover

Last edited by ayororo; 03-14-2012 at 05:46 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
why did you run over this dog.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:21 AM   #3
ayororo
Zilvia Addict

lol i didnt, he wanted to chill in the shade
Old 03-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #4
Paint209
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Paint209 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thumbs up

wow very nice build. i am jearous. looking forward to moar!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:11 AM   #5
LiveLowSilvia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
LiveLowSilvia is on the path to ruinLiveLowSilvia is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How long start to finish for the build and what was the final budget? Looks Really good. I had the same wheels and got sick of them too.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:11 AM   #6
speedracer5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
speedracer5 is on the path to ruinspeedracer5 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
saaaaay what ur bf gifts are bomb. hmm maybe i can talk my gf to buy me kouki lights hahha
Old 03-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #7
project-D180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
project-D180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
dog killer...lol niice build though,whats next on the list
Old 03-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #8
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Turned out great with paint.

Nice work

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
Old 03-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #9
colombianbryan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
colombianbryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
man that turned out really nice! do you plan on doing more as far as some interior and suspension work? if so keep updating the thread and with the new wheels cause it looks really great!!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #10
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So I can sell my pignose lip for $90?

Cool.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #11
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Man I wish everyone would buy my parts for me.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #12
bftII40
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
bftII40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
moar pics of Rochelle!

nice build. Sil80 lookin gud
Old 03-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #13
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
how is this a build?
Old 03-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #14
bftII40
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
bftII40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
how is this a build?

What defines a build for you? Shiny shit that no one can afford?

Single cam to sr20det, I would think that would be some what of a "build".

What is your deal?
Old 03-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #15
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
cool build. Glad to see a well done budget build.

ixixi: pretty sure it she clarified how it was a build by doing a front end swap, motor swap, wheel swap, body part swap, steering wheel swap, tranny swap... wtf build are you looking for. Short of turning this into Toyota Tacoma, what the hell else could she have done. lol
Old 03-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #16
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftII40 View Post
What defines a build for you? Shiny shit that no one can afford?

Single cam to sr20det, I would think that would be some what of a "build".

What is your deal?
what defines a build for you? run-down, run-of-the-mill-crap that everyone and their mother has?

a build has to be something unique.

removing a beatup 2.4L and installing a beatup 2.0L-T, and getting a paint job does not classify as a build. the only reason this thread has views is because its a girls car. though, i cant understand how any girl would want to drive this thing.. but to each his own.

if you ask me, this is the type of 240 i see day-in and day-out here in socal.. thinking to myself "oh wow, another 240 turned tuner car"
gone are the days of civics, thats 1999. this is proof that everyone and their sister has turned to 240s, the 2005 tuner car of the year.

take a beatup car, make it look less shitty by adding aero and tail lights, give it a cheap paint job and bam... insta-build. its kinda like top-ramen.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #17
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
what defines a build for you? run-down, run-of-the-mill-crap that everyone and their mother has?

a build has to be something unique.

removing a beatup 2.4L and installing a beatup 2.0L-T, and getting a paint job does not classify as a build. the only reason this thread has views is because its a girls car. though, i cant understand how any girl would want to drive this thing.. but to each his own.

if you ask me, this is the type of 240 i see day-in and day-out here in socal.. thinking to myself "oh wow, another 240 turned tuner car"
gone are the days of civics, thats 1999. this is proof that everyone and their sister has turned to 240s, the 2005 tuner car of the year.

take a beatup car, make it look less shitty by adding aero and tail lights, give it a cheap paint job and bam... insta-build. its kinda like top-ramen.
You always read my mind
Old 03-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #18
iamthewinner
BANNED

iamthewinner is an unknown quantity at this point
Top-ramen is da bomb.

But seriously, only cool thing is a girl factor. I bet her hands were grease-free on this 'build'.

Clean car nonetheless
Old 03-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #19
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Again ixfxi does someone constantly piss in your cheerios? You have got to be the most consistent negative person on this forum. I don't think I've ever read anything from you that is positive. If you hate the Nissan scene and the people involved in it so much then why are you here? So yeah it's not a first class build, but everyone has to start somewhere. At least she isn't all yeah I have a missile car and has taken pride into getting to look decent. Now I'm sure you are going to have something to say back. I almost think of you as a super troll that just tries to shit on people and make them feel bad...

WASTED I AM!
Old 03-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #20
benz88
Leaky Injector

benz88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty sure we all know now who sucks on the sac of sponsored and pro-built cars.. and its not the OP.

Car looks good. I like the color!
Old 03-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #21
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Wow i'm impress! Nice job!
Old 03-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #22
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Pictures of the BF?
Old 03-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8RPS13 View Post
Again ixfxi does someone constantly piss in your cheerios? You have got to be the most consistent negative person on this forum. I don't think I've ever read anything from you that is positive. If you hate the Nissan scene and the people involved in it so much then why are you here? So yeah it's not a first class build, but everyone has to start somewhere. At least she isn't all yeah I have a missile car and has taken pride into getting to look decent. Now I'm sure you are going to have something to say back. I almost think of you as a super troll that just tries to shit on people and make them feel bad...
i had frosted mini wheats this morning, i dont eat cheerios

if you search my previous post today, you will see a positive comment. I will quote it for you................

Quote:
the work is cool and the fact that it runs is cool

but i'm with everyone, its senseless to do all this. drive by wire is not a plus, i prefer cable throttle body. with that said, why not go with a stand alone ecu as opposed to a twin ecu setup? if you go so far as to install that motor, ditch the cruise control and/or traction control, thats all a waste of time anyway.

at least thats the way i see it. nice job though, glad to see it working at least.
Taken from:
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/440603-z-fe...tionality.html

But honestly, I dont know what some of you guys expect. Some of us have been around for a lot longer than you guys, and you expect us to get hard-ons from sub-par cars.

Listen, I dont have a problem with this car nor do I have anything against the owner. All I am saying is, that its a fucking cookie-cutter slap-it-together-and-sell-it car. Spend a few minutes searching on craigslist and THIS is exactly the type of car you see nowadays.

Is there anything wrong with that? I dunno, I dont care really. I am just saying that it doesnt quality as a fucking BUILD, theres nothing special to it. Okay, a girl owns it.. who cares? Guy or girl, its still cookie-cutter.

I'm going to write the following in bold, so all you n00bs have a clear understanding; that i would much rather prefer seeing CLEAN builds where people actually acquire high-quality aftermarket or OEM parts and spend the proper time to restore and maintain their cars.

This does not qualify as that. Look through the images, you can clearly see plenty of body filler all over this car. Lets glorify the beatup Silvia front-end and amplify the shitty RHD headlights with an HID-kit. Its as if, after all these years, no one does shit to address the problems with this bullshit trendy crap everyone buys. Headlights shine on the wrong side of the street? Who cares, HID that shit! Body beatup and damaged? Slap a fiberglass RaceOnUSA shitty body kit, slap a pig-nose lip, aero, 180 tails.......... add water and............. INSTA-180SX gangster status!

Fuckit............ why bother.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #24
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Quote:
I'm going to write the following in bold, so all you n00bs have a clear understanding; that i would much rather prefer seeing CLEAN builds where people actually acquire high-quality aftermarket or OEM parts and spend the proper time to restore and maintain their cars.
I saw this thread, had negative feelings towards it, but didn't feel the need to post. Your comment on that 350Z was very left-handed as well.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #25
blo0d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
blo0d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

if you search my previous post today, you will see a positive comment. I will quote it for you................

Taken from:

But honestly, I dont know what some of you guys expect. Some of us have been around for a lot longer than you guys, and you expect us to get hard-ons from sub-par cars.

Listen, I dont have a problem with this car nor do I have anything against the owner. All I am saying is, that its a fucking cookie-cutter slap-it-together-and-sell-it car. Spend a few minutes searching on craigslist and THIS is exactly the type of car you see nowadays.

Is there anything wrong with that? I dunno, I dont care really. I am just saying that it doesnt quality as a fucking BUILD, theres nothing special to it. Okay, a girl owns it.. who cares? Guy or girl, its still cookie-cutter.

This does not qualify as that. Look through the images, you can clearly see plenty of body filler all over this car. Lets glorify the beatup Silvia front-end and amplify the shitty RHD headlights with an HID-kit. Its as if, after all these years, no one does shit to address the problems with this bullshit trendy crap everyone buys. Headlights shine on the wrong side of the street? Who cares, HID that shit! Body beatup and damaged? Slap a fiberglass RaceOnUSA shitty body kit, slap a pig-nose lip, aero, 180 tails.......... add water and............. INSTA-180SX gangster status!

i enjoyed this rant...
Old 03-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #26
azndan2
Leaky Injector

azndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

Taken from:

While I agree with the majority of your points... I have to ask, why are you so angry all the time?
Old 03-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #27
HPKMotorsports3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
HPKMotorsports3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I wanna see pics of the owner lol
Old 03-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #28
azndan2
Leaky Injector

azndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPKMotorsports3 View Post
I wanna see pics of the owner lol
She must be hot if the boyfriend is willing to spend that kind of $$ and time on her!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #29
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndan2 View Post
She must be hot if the boyfriend is willing to spend that kind of $$ and time on her!
Doesn't say in the thread Rochelle is a girl. I talked to a guy named Rebecca at work today... just saying.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #30
ayororo
Zilvia Addict

Lol it's cool let him get mad. I posted this for people who know how to appreciate even little things. I didn't say it was the best car ever and it's soo unique.. I just wanted to share what I had accomplished so far. And I did actually help out with this "build" believe it or not.. My hands were not "grease free" lol.. And yea I'm blessed to have my dad who helped me do everything so i didn't spend on labor lol, oh and yes my bf got me coils and kouki tails Cus he loves me duhh, but I paid for everything else. Going back to the "build" subject.. Build by definition is putting parts and materials together over a period of time.. Which is what we did right? And sorry that I didn't buy all my parts brand new and instead got used ones and fixed them. This project was supposed to be a fun experience.. Taking things that looked like shit and restoring.. And it was fun seeing the end results.. If I didn't wanna go through the experience of putting shit together.. Don't u think I would've just bought one? Specially because I'm a "girl".. . So this was all for experience Kay? I'm happy with how it turned out and we all worked hard in putting the car together, it took time patience and money! Lol so just please don't shit on my thread.. Fo realsif u hate it so much just don't click. If u see me around.. Don't look at me or my car thankss. And for the rest that appreciate I'll keep u posted , I really want new wheels I'm looking for like the mesh look and I need to get all the suspension stuff, vlsd diff, fabricate the interior, maybe seat
Closed Thread