Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
mikey_S13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
mikey_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
sr20det starting issues NEED HELP

just recently got my car tuned. shop found a ground issue soo they added grounds and cleaned up my wires a bit and fixed the problem. brought the car home. test drove it once i got home and off the trailer. drove perfectly fine with no problems at all. parked it and washed it later that day. went to start it, started right up then as it started warming up it started misfiring and sputtering and then eventually died.

thought it ran out of gas, so i ran and got about 4 gal. of gas. started up right after then did the same thing.

checked just about everything. replaced fuel filter. brought it back to the shop (where its currently sitting) they checked all the grounds, added a few more, and even replaced some old wires.

the only thing we could find is that the ignitor is getting burning hot. tried replacing it with another used ignitor and still did same thing ...
scared if i get a brand new ignitor, that its going to burn out like the previous ones.

anyone have any suggestions ??

( running on PFC D-jetro )
mikey_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Ignitor should be mounted on the intake side of the engine away from heat. It should not be getting hot at all. If its heating up on its own you may have something wired incorrectly.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
mikey_S13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
mikey_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ill double check the wiring, the car was working perfectly fine because it had been on the dyno for a couple hours. although, it was just hanging there at the time. right now we got it mounted to the strut tower area.
mikey_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
3v1Ls14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
3v1Ls14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
if you leave ign ON and not start it, does it still get hot?
3v1Ls14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
1990 sr hatch
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
1990 sr hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
can any one give me some troubleshooting ideas on why my sr wont crank at all, DETAILS: bought a new starter relay/clutch interlock relay whatever you want to call it, bench tested starter, checked grounds, checked the switch behind clutch pedal.
THE ISSUES: i turn key to start and all i hear is the relays cllcking one from under left side dash, and one from behind passenger headlight(what i believe is starter relay/clutch interlock relay)
((((((any help would be awesome i need my car to move again)))))))
1990 sr hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:45 AM   #6
dreimers
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
dreimers is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
SR igniter getting hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3v1Ls14 View Post
if you leave ign ON and not start it, does it still get hot?
I know Im gonna get ROASTED for replying in a 2year old thread, but here I go....
My igniter gets really hot when I leave my key on engine off. I have swapped out igniters and same thing. I have a new wiring harness from Yury at Wiring Specialities, I have tested my coil harness for continuity, passed good. All my car is doing is cranking and cranking....Any help is greatly appreciated