Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
Typecast
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (16)
Typecast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
JDM Engine World Never Again

I got a 240 back in may and decided to do an sr and 5 speed swap, so I went to jdm engine world to buy an entire clip to make the process a lot easier.

First experience, when I called I was very specific in which clip I wanted (white zenki, full clip, with driveshaft and rear suspension, body panels) I was quoted a price that seemed amazing, but it also seemed like that had it for awhile and was trying to get rid of it. I called back the next day to buy it and the price somehow jumped up $2000. Needless to say I was shocked. After talking to the guy and getting frustrated he told me about another clip that "would be perfect for me". We talked about it a little and I ended up buying it. Whole swap motor, trans, rear subframe, driveshaft, all five speed parts, everything I would need (At least thats what I was told).

When the clip came the cam sensor was crushed because they threw the rear subframe on top of the engine to ship it. It was also missing the intake for the turbo, the stock smic, the maf along with no clutch pedal(more random things were missing too). All these parts I now had to pay for out of pocket. After tracking down all the pieces I needed and waiting for shipping times I got everything in and swapped. I plugged in the ecu and went to fire it up and nothing happened. I called wiring specialties and they told me that the ecu I had was for an rb25. which seems insane, if these guys buy and sell these parts/engine all day they should know what parts go to what. I now had to track down an ecu, when I did I had to buy a new wiring harness because the ONLY ecu I could find didn't match the harness sent with the clip. After that fiasco I got it all in and tried to fire it up again and still nothing. The starter that was sent in the engine is fried and doesn't work at all. I will now be getting a new starter, again all paid for out of pocket.

I have contacted jdm engine world numerous times through out this process and sometimes they answer the phone other times they don't. They say we will call you back and never do. They would only respond once to any email sent about a problem then they would ignore me. The final straw was the ECU I called to have them send me one and they said they had none and would try to find me one. He would call his "contacts" in Japan and Canada. I have yet to get a call from them about it(I called a week ago). They don't know I found an ECU yet, they should still be looking or at least be in contact with me and they are not. btw I found an ecu in about 15 on here. Why couldn't they? overall the worst company I have dealt with in a very long time. My suggestion is never get anything from them I know I won't be. My buddy is going with zerolift and I wish I would have.

Hope this helps with future purchases
Typecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
Typecast
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (16)
Typecast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
The only things I was told were missing were the automatic climate controls the hud cluster, and all body panels. Never mentioned were any of the parts I had to replace or asked you to replace. I still stand by my argument that what you told me I was getting was not true. I specifically asked if everything was there I needed, maf, ingnitor chip, manual driveshaft, clutch pedal, manual brake pedal, things that should have come on a swap like this. You told me they did, and when it arrived they were nowhere to be found. And the ECU I had to find on my own and pay for out of pocket was an NA Kouki one and the wiring harness that came with the car does not match up with that ecu the pin out is different. so yes i had to buy a new harness. On top of that nothing else seems to work/be right on the engine why would the harness be any different.

EDIT: the parts that were missing from the list above were the MAF and clutch pedal. the rest of those parts i mentioned did come
Typecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
enderr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
enderr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Pretty sure your not allowed to respond to your own review??
Old 08-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hmm dosent seem like JDMengineworld is the bad guy here....Anywho i vote for lock....Pretty sure not much else to be said...Anyone agree ?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
iamthewinner
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
iamthewinner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is why you go with well reputated vendor like zero lift.

Don't care who's fault but shit has haPpened.
iamthewinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #6
blahh

blahh is an unknown quantity at this point
I've bought a few parts from jdmengineworld before and never had a problem untill i bought an sr20. cam breaks and he says he can't cover it. after i told him i was going to take him to court he then decided to call me back and tell me he has a black top that hes willing to take the head off and give to me and the ECU he gave me was also the wrong one so now im suck buying new parts and coming out of pocket for stuff that i shouldn't have to. i say your best bet would be to stay away from that place
blahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
enderr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
enderr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewinner View Post

funny that you say that, when they many bad reviews on their business review thread
Old 08-12-2012, 02:18 AM   #8
1sickS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
1sickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewinner View Post

Negative on the ZeroLift based on the horror stories posted here on Zilvia. OP try JDM Engines Corp. or JDM Planet. Both legit guys and quality engines/parts.
1sickS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:57 AM   #9
iamthewinner
BANNED

iamthewinner is an unknown quantity at this point
Didnt know that
fuck them too
iamthewinner is offline   Reply With Quote