Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
RBForty

Trader Rating: (1)
RBForty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Racing Seat Opinions

So I am selling my little J-Up seat soon to a friend and need to find a seat to replace it, a replica would be preferred. I really do not know where to begin looking, so I figured I would start with some opinions from you guys. I am 6'2" with a wider shoulder base. I have been thinking of a recaro rep from ebay or something.
RBForty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Kirkey aluminum bucket seat bolted straight to the floor. Race bro?
Old 12-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
RBForty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallH View Post

Kirkey aluminum bucket seat bolted straight to the floor. Race bro?
Little too race bro
Old 12-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Get a stock seat, don't hurt yourself.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Buy name brand, knockoffs are flimsy. A used sparco is pretty damned affordable. If you can't afford that then maybe it's better to stick with a stock seat...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:30 AM   #6
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Why in the world would you want a replica over a genuine seat? This is literally the thing that attaches you to your vehicle. Good condition FIA approved bucket seats can be had for pennies.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:36 AM   #7
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
Why in the world would you want a replica over a genuine seat? This is literally the thing that attaches you to your vehicle. Good condition FIA approved bucket seats can be had for pennies.

QFT!

I understand you want a "bride or Recaro" seat, but your ass is in it. Get something reliable.
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #8
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Sparco Sprint 5 works
Old 12-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #9
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
Sparco Sprint 5
this is what i have also. it is the best value for an FIA approved seat.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
DoobieS13
Zilvia Junkie

DoobieS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Buddy Club..$410 new...comfortable and awesome.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #11
Sleepiedaze
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Sleepiedaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i second the Kirkey aluminum bucket seat. but if your just going to parking lot pimp it. go with the cheap shit.
Sleepiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
thisisastickup
Zilvia Junkie

thisisastickup is an unknown quantity at this point
buddy club for shizzle. a+ quality, there is no seat made better that costs less new.
thisisastickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #13
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
agree on the buddy club but 6'2 with wider shoulders wont fit in it. even the wide version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #14
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
agree on the buddy club but 6'2 with wider shoulders wont fit in it. even the wide version.
Which is why I suggested Sparco...

My pro 2000 fits nicely. I'm about 6ft tall, 210lbs, wide shoulders. The Sparco Sprint seats fit nicely as well.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #15
RBForty

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post

My pro 2000 fits nicely. I'm about 6ft tall, 210lbs, wide shoulders. The Sparco Sprint seats fit nicely as well.
Definitely going to follow your suggestion being as you seem to be one of the few serious posters. Troubling finding a seat that will work without being able to sit in any.. lol. Friend's Recaro SPG seat is awesome but that is a wee bit expensive for me. I will look into the pro 2000, maybe go with it, some rep, or an SPG if it comes down to it I guess. But, for now I will stick with the S14 seat from my friends car and see what I find!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #16
RBForty

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post

Ironic, that is the seat I glanced at and said looks mad comfortable. Found one used on eBay for $400 so I am interested now. One issue.. What is the seat in? My side bolster touched my door bar on the J-Up in my caged S13.. This could be an issue.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #17
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Is there such thing as a sidemount seat that can recline?
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #18
vehicle336
Zilvia Member

vehicle336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Whoa whoa whoa guys. He wants a "racing" seat, but a knock-off so he can hard park and proudly display his riceness. No point in trying to push something functional, much less confuse him with big words like FIA and certified.

OP, just grab a used seat from someone selling their Evo or STI seats, that way you can still have that ricey feel without having to try so hard by buying a Fride or a Farco...

Edit: Lol, just realized you implied your car is caged. Fake seat with a caged car, Jesus...
vehicle336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #19
RBForty

Quote:
Originally Posted by vehicle336 View Post
Whoa whoa whoa guys. He wants a "racing" seat, but a knock-off so he can hard park and proudly display his riceness. No point in trying to push something functional, much less confuse him with big words like FIA and certified.

OP, just grab a used seat from someone selling their Evo or STI seats, that way you can still have that ricey feel without having to try so hard by buying a Fride or a Farco...

Edit: Lol, just realized you implied your car is caged. Fake seat with a caged car, Jesus...
Your reasoning for being a douche...? Internet hard on? Siicckkk
There is the thing called budget
Old 12-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #20
JDM_Tuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
JDM_Tuner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Bride Zeta III. Best seat in the world, FIA legal too. I have one in the track car.
But if youre looking to cheap out, the Canadian Bride Reps are good quality, you can definitely feel a difference in the material and cushioning but I run them in the daily.
JDM_Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #21
vehicle336
Zilvia Member

vehicle336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Then fucking save up for a real seat if you're on a budget.

Caged car and fake seat = I care about my safety... But not really, I just want to look legit. GTFO.
vehicle336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #22
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBForty View Post
Ironic, that is the seat I glanced at and said looks mad comfortable. Found one used on eBay for $400 so I am interested now. One issue.. What is the seat in? My side bolster touched my door bar on the J-Up in my caged S13.. This could be an issue.
My pro 2000 and the sparco speed (predecessor to the sprint) were both in 240's. The pro 2000 touched the door panel a little on the shoulder bolster, but I think that was how it was mounted on the janktified bracket. I should have it re-mounted soon. I'm pretty sure that the pro 2000 has plenty of room to where a door bar would go. The speed would most likely have been pretty tight since it was a steel frame seat.