Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Throw our bearing grease points?

Ok, I have been reading lots of different things on the web about this.

Where do you grease the TOB? I get it to put it on the inside lip where the unit slides along the input shaft and on the pivot ball.

So you grease the actual outer lip of the spinning bearing? I mean in the grove of where the bearing spins and the outer wall.

Do you grease the face of the bearing the meets the pressure plate? That doesn't seem right.
rc1honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Do NOT grease the face o the bearing!!!

You should only grease the input shaft splines go easy with grease on here. You can use the clutch disc and slide it back and forth a few times so the grease spreads evenly. Also grease the tip(head) of the input shaft just a bit.

You can also apply grease on the pivot ball, rear of the fork where it contacts the pivot ball.
And ONLY on the inner lip of the bearing.
Nothing else should be greased.

Be very careful not to get the clutch disc dirty with grease or any thing else.

Good luck
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks for you input. It it's a easy but kinda confusing job. Many different ways to fuck it up lol.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Here's a helpfull video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zeo_Rm0O3gs
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Was just doing this yesterday, here is the FSM procedure: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/91-94/CL.pdf

Grease where the clutch fork and TOB meet. Also where the fork and slave cylinder meet.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
Was just doing this yesterday, here is the FSM procedure: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/91-94/CL.pdf

Grease where the clutch fork and TOB meet. Also where the fork and slave cylinder meet.
Great post. Thanks both you guys. That vid and the FSM has given a lot of insight I didn't have before.

Suffice to say Installed my first clutch last week and it wouldn't go into gear. No damage thankfully,but I had to pull again. Here's to doing it right the second time!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #7
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Greasing it wouldnt affect your car going in/out of gear. Did you try adjusting the clutch pedal engagement point?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Greasing it wouldnt affect your car going in/out of gear. Did you try adjusting the clutch pedal engagement point?
Yeah did a lot of bleeding and adjusting and still wouldn't go into gear win the car running. We dropped the trans eveything was good.

I liken it to a bad slave cyclinder. But I also think the keeper spring in the clutch fork was not installed properly. Now I have the trans down and putting it back together and was just double checking evenything to make sure it 100% right this time.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #9
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
same thing happened to me when i put in my stage 2 clutchmasters clutch. I ended up taking out the clutch dampener and adjusting the pedal and it finally went into gear with the car on. Thank god i didnt pull the tranny twice