Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-01-2016, 11:29 PM   #1
zodpowercy

Trader Rating: (0)
zodpowercy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can i use s14 tension rods or tension rod new bushings on a s15 silvia ?

Hi there ! I need new tension rods ( or bushings) and control arm bushings for my s14 and s15 silvias.I found some whiteline rubber ones but they say they are compatible only with s14 silvia's without mentioning anything about s15's.Also i found some nice looking aftermarket pillow ball tension rod sets in frsports like stance or kazama but again they mention only s14 combatibility.Stance mentions s13 and s14 through.
So sorry if this sounds silly to you but can i use the whiteline rubber bushings for tension rods (radius rod they call them) and control arms also on my s15 silvia ?

Does it worth buying aftermarket pillow ball tension rods instead of replacing the bushings ? I use both cars mostly on road and rarely i go for a trackday.Will the ride be any harsher ?

And ..if its worth the cost to buy aftermarket tension rods, are stance or kazama combatible also with s15 ? I know there is some length variation between s13 and s14/15's . A few years back i replaced my s14 tension rods with new oem s15 ones and they fitted perfectly(..but i made the mistake throwing them away so i am now in this mess!)....so i assume both cars are interchangeable to some degree.Again sorry if i sound too silly!
zodpowercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2016, 02:31 AM   #2
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
S14 and s15 will work.

Go aftermarket...ride won't be affected or harsh
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:00 AM   #3
zodpowercy

Trader Rating: (0)
zodpowercy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Many thanks!
One last question through! Is it possible for an aftermarket tension rod (like stance) which mentions s13 and s14 /240sx compatibility be also able to use on a s15 ? I ask because i thought there is difference in length between s13 and s14/s15 rods..
zodpowercy is offline   Reply With Quote