Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 05:18 PM   #1
mad s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
mad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Evo 8 wheels on a 240?

Sup folks..I did a quick search and didn't find anything, I've gotten wind of a nice deal on a set of evo 8 wheels with tires for my possible future venture into 5lug-dome. If memory serves me those wheels are 17X8 with 30 offset..and we all know they will clear big ass brake calipers. I'm just throwing this out there for you guys to ponder and to give me some suggestions..these will be going on an s13. Now before you guys go flame remember I am able to get these for a KILLER deal...so consider that while you think..lol

Later
Gray
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2004, 05:20 PM   #2
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
what's the bolt pattern?

edit they are 5x114.3 should fit on a 5-lug 240. But i dont know if they will clear coilovers. I think i had 17x8+30 and i needed a spacer, unless my offset was different from what i thought it was...

Make sure the center bore on the wheel is bigger than 66.2mm
Old 10-01-2004, 05:39 PM   #3
mad s13
Zilvia Member

mad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to all
ah yeah gotta check that..thanks man..hmm well I was thinking that since a 17X8 with 35 offset will fit with my coilovers then a lower offset where the wheel is pushed out further from the suspension would work...anyway i'll do some researching to find the center bore..

thanks man

Gray
Old 10-01-2004, 05:53 PM   #4
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Center bore on Evo wheels is 67mm FYI. I was thinking of picking up a set a while back. Evo wheels are becoming more and more common, should make some nice track whore wheels.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:43 PM   #5
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
there are some stock wrx sti wheels wrapped in sticky goodness with 5 thousand miles on them at my work. they have been there for 6 months now, the owner bought new wheels and said he was going to come pick the others up later. they are HOT. they are 5x100 though =*(
Old 10-01-2004, 06:53 PM   #6
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
WRX STi wheels also have an offset like +50.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:11 PM   #7
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

NZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NZO
I've seen it before on an s13 so its possible.

sentinelguild.com/nzo/PFCDB/
Old 10-02-2004, 12:12 AM   #8
Legacy
Zilvia Member

Legacy is an unknown quantity at this point
There is a Red Zenki S14 I see right down the street from my house that has EVO 8 Enkeis on it. They seem to fit just fine, I didn't pay attention to how flush they were though... nothing to get excited about.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:47 AM   #9
brianglawson
Nissanaholic!

brianglawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to brianglawson Send a message via AIM to brianglawson Send a message via Yahoo to brianglawson
17x8+30 will fit coilovers....
Old 10-02-2004, 09:55 AM   #10
mellojoe
Zilvia Junkie

mellojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
From what I understand, the EVO 8 has nearly the exact dimensions as the Skyline as far as wheels and offsets.

So, yes they will fit, but you will need spacers (probably on the order of 15mm to 25mm) to look nice.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:45 AM   #11
mike13
Zilvia Addict

mike13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mike13
if i recall correctly, the offset is more like +38 on those evo wheels. high enough that when i read specs on them I dismissed it as a FWD offset immediately.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:01 PM   #12
mad s13
Zilvia Member

Damn...I just confirmed that, hmm...weak offsets but at least running them would be better than running stock s14 wheels..hmm. We'll see

Gray
Old 10-02-2004, 12:04 PM   #13
justinhustle
Nissanaholic!

justinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enough
get z32 tt duh

nissan on nissan no other brand crimes!
Old 10-02-2004, 12:27 PM   #14
mad s13
Zilvia Member

yeah but once I've gone to 17" wheels I don't really wanna go back..lol. I'm still thinking here, but thanks all for the info

Later
Gray
Old 10-02-2004, 02:29 PM   #15
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
G35 rims, 350z?
Old 10-02-2004, 05:29 PM   #16
iggy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
iggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
evo wheels are +38 iirc.. g35c wheels are hot !
Old 10-02-2004, 08:03 PM   #17
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
nissan on nissan no other brand crimes!
Oh who cares... Evo wheels have Enkei stamped on them, not Mitsubishi... Mustang wheels fit awesome... who cares?
Old 10-03-2004, 02:02 AM   #18
Rare

Rare is an unknown quantity at this point
wait..isnt the tires too big for it?
Old 10-03-2004, 02:54 AM   #19
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare
wait..isnt the tires too big for it?

I hope that was a joke.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:50 PM   #20
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
get mustang cobra replica rims off of ebay...17x10 w/ +25 offset for like 300 for a pair
Old 10-03-2004, 09:11 PM   #21
Advan
Zilvia Member

Advan is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to Advan
Now I have a question, since I don't know anything about offsets. Correct me on this, with an offset of +30, does it mean that, instead of your wheels sticking out, they'll be under the fender, thus needing a spacer to correct it, right? And with a -30 offset, that means that your tire will stick out, thus, not needing a spacer, correct? Or am I atleast going in the right direction?
Old 10-03-2004, 09:16 PM   #22
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
yeah...stock is +40...so a +10 will be closer to flush...+0 or -10 (example) will be outside of the fender...

+ means inside
- means outside
0 is almost flush (although the numbers have literally nothing to do w/ the balance between flush and etc...they're actually measurements from the wheel hub to the center line of the wheel)
Old 10-03-2004, 09:28 PM   #23
Advan
Zilvia Member

Ohhh, I see. So is it better to have a negative offset, such as -30, for greatly improved handling?
Old 10-03-2004, 09:33 PM   #24
Ian
Post Whore!

and you'd look like a mexican lowrider!
Old 10-03-2004, 09:40 PM   #25
Advan
Zilvia Member

I gotcha, hahah, loud and clear. -30 is not the way to go.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:27 PM   #26
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
sorry for reviving such an old thread but I need an answer.

Will the Evo 8 Enkei wheels (17x8 +38) clear coilovers on a s14 in the front???

I would have made a new thread or PMed someone but I can't do any of these things since I'm "pinked". I hope this is acceptable mods...

*Deleted by Mod*
Old 02-27-2006, 07:08 PM   #27
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
I can let an old Thread revival survive, only because you have asked a fairly reasonable question. I will NOT, however, allow you to turn this into a WTB thread. You're right, you're PINKED. It doesn't just mean you can't access the Market Place, it means you can NOT do business here. PERIOD.

Think about all the things you are missing, before you decide to start shit in a review thread, and then procede to call the Mods and Admins a joke, again. Have a nice day.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:16 PM   #28
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
Think about all the things you are missing, before you decide to start shit in a review thread, and then procede to call the Mods and Admins a joke, again. Have a nice day.
That-guy, so mean he make my Momma cry.

Makin you go pee pee since '79.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Old 02-27-2006, 07:37 PM   #29
DrIvEsldEwAyS
Zilvia Junkie

DrIvEsldEwAyS is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont have any imput on the 240 situation but my friend ran them on his 95 eclipse. he said they cleared his tein flex's easily. just thought id throw that in.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:51 PM   #30
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
^
Eclipse has a different stock offset, so it wouldn't really mean anything.
Closed Thread