Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-16-2005, 10:20 AM   #1
DamnedButDetermined
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
DamnedButDetermined is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Who has a Ca18det, where did you get it, and how much?

I am starting to get very interested in this swap, but I can't seem to find any sellers in the south east. I would prefer to pick up my engine, that way I can inspect it and save $250-$400 on shipping.

I was also told to look on srwap.com for an install faq, but I didn't see anything there about the ca swap. If you could supply sources for thatinfo as well it would be most appreciated.

thanks,
DbD
DamnedButDetermined is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2005, 11:43 AM   #2
WeldingHank
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
WeldingHank is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
someone right in Miami, who i got my engine from. on the NICO forums. S/N Boost_Boy. countrys foremost leader in CA18DET stuff in the US right now. i got mine from him for $1400 shipped to massachusetts. he has also never sold a bad engine, if i were you i would contact him and just have it shipped. he is more than capable of sending you a engine in great shape. i've yet to have any problems with mine and have been driving for about 10K miles on it now.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:46 AM   #3
nightwalker
Nissanaholic!

nightwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
how do you guys like the CA for daily driving. I've been told by various CA owners that the car is low on torque and needs to be wound up higher.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:19 PM   #4
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
A buddy of mine daily drives with his CA and he's never complained to me about a lack of torque. He seems really pleased with the engine and the power gains.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:08 PM   #5
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

m0rex is on a distinguished road
This is a random quick question but i never done that much research on this engine but how would it be in a s14? Is it easy to drop it? Worth it?
m0rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:54 PM   #6
WeldingHank
Leaky Injector

WeldingHank is an unknown quantity at this point

i seem to have plenty of low-end torque :-)

this is stock turbo with a 14psi spike at 4000RPM, then falling to 9psi within 1000RPM and keeping till redline.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:14 PM   #7
BoroBoroS13
Zilvia Addict

BoroBoroS13 is on a distinguished road
Boost Boy is your best bet if your in Florida. He has a really good rep about the motors that he sells and he knows his stuff.

CA18 below 3K is a little low on power but after that its all good. I wouldnt bother putting it into a S14 though unless you were going to upgrade the turbo everything that goes with it before you put it in.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:14 PM   #8
BoroBoroS13
Zilvia Addict

BoroBoroS13 is on a distinguished road
Oh and theres a faq section on the ca18 here in the tech forums
Old 02-16-2005, 08:09 PM   #9
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldingHank
he has also never sold a bad engine, if i were you i would contact him and just have it shipped. he is more than capable of sending you a engine in great shape.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I beg to differ, I had a bad engine from him. he rebuilt it, put the headgasket on backwards. I had to rebuild the engine myself, and then the block cracked after a couple weeks. bad turbo. So yea. he was a nice enough guy I guess, but no ones perfect. I loved the engine for the couple weeks it ran right; I plan on building one on my own in the future.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:21 PM   #10
DamnedButDetermined
Zilvia Addict

DamnedButDetermined is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldingHank
someone right in Miami, who i got my engine from. on the NICO forums. S/N Boost_Boy. countrys foremost leader in CA18DET stuff in the US right now. i got mine from him for $1400 shipped to massachusetts. he has also never sold a bad engine, if i were you i would contact him and just have it shipped. he is more than capable of sending you a engine in great shape. i've yet to have any problems with mine and have been driving for about 10K miles on it now.

Do you know what his e-mail address is? I found him on nico, but I don't know how to private message someone on those boards and his e-mail is kept private in his profile.

thanks for everyones help,
DbD
DamnedButDetermined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:23 PM   #11
Bryants95240sx
Zilvia Addict

Bryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the rough
Jarco(think thats how you spell it ) in atlanta sells them
Old 02-16-2005, 10:57 PM   #12
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
www.venus-auto.com. w/ 72,000 miles . got it for a disclosed price but they sell them for 1700 or so. i like it verry much. has never let me down or dissapointed me. although i am experienceing rough idle after 30 minute warm up drive i love the motor a lot. drifting, touge whatever i use it for i love it..

i dont see why everyone is soo hyped on torque..... i dont see where it robs that noticibly where u have room to complain..... unless ur a beginenr tryign to break loose at 2,000 rpm with your ka. then obviously ca is not your best bet.....

anyhow, venus auto has been really good to me with all of the parts i have recieced and all of hte parts my partners have recieved. just remember to get an on spot compression test and check all parts visible. CHECK FOR OEM OIL FILTER, thats always a +..

just some pics of my ca. basicly bone stock at stock psi (6 pounds) if i recal. 3 inch DP, 3 inch test pipe, 3 inch exhaust, blitz sus filter and blitz SS valve that doesnt work and is stuck closed so i get that real pretty surgins poudle/pigeon sound LMAO.....
sLiDewAys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 07:32 AM   #13
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Looking good, wow, I miss a CA in my engine bay. It was soooo much easier to work on than this damn SOHC KA thats in there now. I think I'm gonna go paint my spare CA vlve covers for old time's sake now...

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote