Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-01-2005, 03:00 AM   #1
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
RiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RiversideS13
How hard is it install a A/C compressor

My 90 240sx A/C never works. I took it to a shop and the mechanic told me that the A/C compressor is leaking. So i brought a remanufactured compressor along with freeze 12 charge kit but he quoted me $300 to install the A/C compressor , clean up my A/C system and charge the freeze 12 freon for me.

Is it hard to install A/C compressor onto the ka24e? Do i really need to clean up the A/C system prior to recharge the freeze 12? I thought freeze 12 is a direct replacement for R12 freon?

thanks

If it is hard to install...can anyone suggest me a shop in southern CA? thanks
RiversideS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2005, 08:40 AM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Install takes 3 minutes.

Charging it up properly is where the labor is.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:56 AM   #3
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Its harder than you know and you dont have the proper tools. Rebuilt compressors are complete trash by the way. The shop I work at wont install or sell them to people and I know others who practice the same way. A friend of mine put a reman on his VW and it ceased 3 days later. Just do it right the first time
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:40 AM   #4
90rps13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
90rps13 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90rps13 Send a message via MSN to 90rps13 Send a message via Yahoo to 90rps13
Install is easy on KA. Little bit more junk you have to remove on SR, but still easy, and no you don't really have to clean out the system before you put in the freon. The dude is over-charging. Should have just got a used compressor though from junkyard or I'll sell you mine
90rps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 03:28 AM   #5
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

RiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RiversideS13
I am about to install the A/C compressor at this weekend. can someone give me a write up? if not, do i have to replace the belt or take out the pulley? will i mess up the idle tensioner?

thanks
RiversideS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 10:57 PM   #6
2JZGTE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 2JZGTE Send a message via MSN to 2JZGTE
Loosen adjustment bolt for A/C belt, take off 4 bolts holding compressor on, look at belt for cracks, bolt new compressor on, put belt back on compressor and tighten adjustment bolt until belt only moves about 0.5"

You'll figure it out when you get under there. I remove 2 bolts while under car, and 2 bolts from engine bay. Remember, compressor is under the powersteering pump, and it's that big heavy round thing with the pulley on it. Take the whole compressor off, not just the pulley. Good luck, it's pretty easy though.

R35 GT-R, R32 GT-R, Supra, S13, S14, FD3S
2JZGTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:01 AM   #7
Inland180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Inland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Inland180
Its pretty easy .. pretty much like the powersteering pump..

Feedback LINK
Inland180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 04:29 AM   #8
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
why do you want AC. your already set for SR,CA, or KA-T. hehe....I want my AC system gone. or at least a smaller condenser that I can put to the side, out of the way of the rad.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 05:11 AM   #9
khoadogg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
khoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to khoadogg
off topic but how to do you get the SR20 AC to work in a chuki s13?
Old 04-16-2005, 09:57 PM   #10
cheez80
Zilvia Member

cheez80 is an unknown quantity at this point
khoa, do you still have your stock ka crap? if so, that's what i used on my car. the compressor bolts on (3/4 bolts, or something like that) and the belts line up. *shrugs*

just a suggestion
cheez80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:59 PM   #11
nissan_driver24
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
nissan_driver24 will become famous soon enoughnissan_driver24 will become famous soon enoughnissan_driver24 will become famous soon enoughnissan_driver24 will become famous soon enoughnissan_driver24 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nissan_driver24
about changing the ac compressor there is a lil bit more than just changing the pump out and wala it's done... if your systems still has freon in it, and u crack it open and let it out into the atmosphere that is illegal. (but people do it anyways)... i highly recommend u also changing the reciever dryer, orphis (sorry if spelt incorrectly) tube, inline filter, and have the system flushed out when u change the compressor to ensure that everything will work properly.... reason being if ur compressor has failed there is gonna be some nasty stuff in the filter and has to be changed out.... the reason why u change the reciever dryer is because it takes the moisture out of the system and when the lines are open and moisture in the air get into that it will ruin the receiever dyer.... be sure to put the correct oil and amout of oil back into the compressor when u replace it... the type of oil will depend on what u use, either a r134a or r12

i hope this can help a lil bit if u have any more question i'll be happy to answer about the ac system....

btw don't use that freezer 12 crap, it is NOT a r12 replacement... it's crap that won't let ur ac system work correctly. if i were u i would replace the fittings and since u are gonna replace everything else (reciever dryer, orphist tube, inline filter) might as well go with a r134a system.... because r12 is so expensive...