Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-01-2005, 01:27 AM   #1
RightWheelDrive
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
RightWheelDrive is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What are the odds?

I have an vlsd that is awaiting install pretty soon and the last thread about finding a clutch type lsd in a s13 pumpkin has got me thinking. The JDM s13 pumpin that I am about to install has had the cover removed before and reinstalled because I can see the make your own gasket stuff around the edge but the unit only has around 60k on it (being that it only has 60k, why would someone need to open up the diff?). When I changed the diff oil, the oil that came with the diff was CLEAN, just as clean as the new stuff I was putting in. When I tried to twist the output shafts in opposite directions, it did not move at all unlike the z32 vlsd I have. Well, all this got me to thinking, what are the odds that I lucked out with a clutch type lsd? The reason why I am asking here is because I am away at school right now and can not go back home to examine it for myself. I hope I am in for a surprise ( the good kind ). If it can be veriified that I have a clutch type, I am ditching school and speeding home (safely) because I have my priorities straight . Thanks! Oh yea, sorry about the long read.
RightWheelDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2005, 02:27 AM   #2
AeBaSupLook
Zilvia Member

AeBaSupLook is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, go for it.. I got very lucky, my other friend did also about 2 years ago. He bought a VLSD and when they installed it, the rear end was making a lot of noise. So him being curious and never owned or been in a car with a 2 way, he opened it up and woowlaaa, a Kaaz 2 way. You paid for a used part, you never know what it could have in there.
Good Luck
-Kevin
AeBaSupLook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:29 AM   #3
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
and u want props for us saying yah go check ur gonna get a clutch type LSD.....ur the shit..... NOT its very rare that u get a clutch type... oh well good luck and hope ur hopes dont dwindle...
Old 07-01-2005, 03:00 AM   #4
RightWheelDrive
Zilvia Member

Thanks guys for the replies. I'd still be happy if it was just a plain ol viscous coming from a boring open diff since Im not planing to drift with it (thats what welding my open one is for ). I would just be more happy with a clutch type for the price of a viscous. Either way, I still have my fingers crossed.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:09 PM   #5
RightWheelDrive
Zilvia Member

Talking

Well it looks like I did not get excited for nothing

Last edited by RightWheelDrive; 10-06-2005 at 06:57 PM..
Old 07-02-2005, 06:05 AM   #6
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
time for me to go out shopping for vlsds