Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-08-2006, 11:38 PM   #1
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
RiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RiversideS13
how do you hold up your front license plate

my 91 coupe is missing the front license plate holder. I am not too sure should i mount in the stock location or mount in on the passager side bumper. I am wondering if you guys can give me some insighs or tell me how.

thanks
RiversideS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2006, 11:44 PM   #2
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver

look at that..and make ur own
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #3
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
wut the f?...just ziptie it or put it on your dash...most people, me included, purposely bondo over the holes from the dealer and you want to drill some?...

but if you insist, do it however you like for something so minute and trivial...

on a side note...i have a stock license plate holder in my garage...i dont want to throw it away, but i dont think anybody wants to buy it...ill give it to you for shipping...
Old 01-08-2006, 11:53 PM   #4
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Live in Florida... that's how I hold up my front plate.
Wait.. I don't have a front plate.
-Jeff
Old 01-09-2006, 12:44 AM   #5
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

RiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20>>s14
wut the f?...just ziptie it or put it on your dash...most people, me included, purposely bondo over the holes from the dealer and you want to drill some?...

but if you insist, do it however you like for something so minute and trivial...

on a side note...i have a stock license plate holder in my garage...i dont want to throw it away, but i dont think anybody wants to buy it...ill give it to you for shipping...
where did you zip tie it? Also it is still illegal on the dash... the license plate has to about 10in high from the ground i think "(the number might not be exactly right but it is kinda there).
Old 01-09-2006, 12:50 AM   #6
turknjd
BANNED

turknjd is making his/her stupidity well-knownturknjd is making his/her stupidity well-knownturknjd is making his/her stupidity well-knownturknjd is making his/her stupidity well-known
i havent had a plate on the front for ten years, never got a ticket for it.
turknjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:56 AM   #7
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
WTF who runs a front plate?
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:57 AM   #8
ramblux
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
ramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I just got some screws and my cordless drill and went to town on the front bumper. The paint is scratched anyway...
ramblux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:16 AM   #9
Helghast
Zilvia FREAK!

Helghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Helghast
I didn't...
Helghast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:19 AM   #10
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
My car came with the license plate holder, but no front plate. Needless to say I took it off. . .it was the first modification to my car.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:30 AM   #11
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

my exhaust is hella loud and my tint window is dark. i just try to avoid troubles from cops. for my previous cars, i got pull over 3 times and ticketed for not have front plate. i guess i just bad luck
Old 01-09-2006, 01:42 AM   #12
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblux
I just got some screws and my cordless drill and went to town on the front bumper. The paint is scratched anyway...
ya ramblux style!

i did the same thing, just got two L brackets from home depot, mounted side mount in the passenger side lower vent, screws and some bolts later done deal, i think cost me like $1.97.

i run a front plate "just in case" 5-0 decides to sweat me

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:47 AM   #13
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

you mind show me the picture?
Old 01-09-2006, 02:13 AM   #14
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversideS13
you mind show me the picture?

its simple man no need for pics

take L bracket

use wood screw to screw L bracket up into bumper, underneath the lip of the lower vents to hide bracket

then take bolts and nuts with lock washers, bolt plate to the brackets

done deal, hasnt fallen off in like 2+ years

the plate on the other hand, is beat to crap and is more of a rounded shape that a flat plate haha

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:33 AM   #15
IES13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
IES13 is making a name for him/her selfIES13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Zipties baby! Will always be your best friend!
IES13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:46 AM   #16
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
i had the license plate held on with zip ties going through holes drilled into the bumper.

the zip ties broke when the whether got cold. held on for a good year though.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:16 AM   #17
Slo S14

Slo S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Slo S14
What front plate?

If I do end up getting pulled over its a $50 fine, and I'll just make one of those brackets like the cusco holder / thing

Stockish' base model S14
Slo S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:13 AM   #18
jdms14_silvia
Leaky Injector

jdms14_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a jdm plate that i mounted with some L brackets i picked up at home depot.. diy baby!! haha
Old 01-09-2006, 09:16 AM   #19
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversideS13
my exhaust is hella loud and my tint window is dark. i just try to avoid troubles from cops.*snip*

Can you say, contradiction?
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #20
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Zipties

Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:27 AM   #21
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff240sx
Live in Florida... that's how I hold up my front plate.
Wait.. I don't have a front plate.
-Jeff
werd. no emissions and no front plates. Florida for teh win suckas!
Gnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:51 AM   #22
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
some states have laws that require front plate to be displayed. Having it behind the windshield does not count. Drill holes and use screws or zipties.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #23
93DRIFT

93DRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
i used about a foot of light angle iron with holes already in it, there is a braket up along the inside under the nose that has about 4 bolts in it, take em out, and put the angle iron between the bracket/body, line up the holes and there you go
93DRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #24
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
since it a s13.. if you remove your lower grill screws and get longer screw it fits in that spot. i posted up on here or freshalloy a while back. the two screws that hold the lower grill to the bumper is the same spacing as a california license plate. you have to bend the license plate slightly.

If you are confuse i will post up pics tonight. no need to make a bracket.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:37 PM   #25
wingsnthangs
Zilvia Junkie

wingsnthangs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wingsnthangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet
some states have laws that require front plate to be displayed. Having it behind the windshield does not count. Drill holes and use screws or zipties.
California is one of those states, and putting the plate on the dash probably attracts more attention. I can't find the my front plate, but my car looks and sounds stock, and I don't drive like an idiot. I also avoid parking backwards.
wingsnthangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:42 PM   #26
enen11
Zilvia Member

enen11 is an unknown quantity at this point
california is gay. got a ticket 3:15 AM car parked in front of my house for no license plate. car didn't come with stock brackets so i didn't bother to put it back up. now i just drilled into my bumper...whatever cops are fags f*ck them
enen11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #27
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
It really isn't that hard to figure out a way to put on a license plate.

I'm sure a cop would laugh at you if you asked him the same question.

me:

4 zipties
2 L brackets
1 License Plate
1 Drill

Done and done.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:06 PM   #28
Shawn_of_the_Dead
Zilvia Junkie

Shawn_of_the_Dead is on a distinguished road
bubble gum and duct tape.

No really, just stick it in the lower passenger corner with some brackets, or the other fixes that have been mentioned. I always get crap here in dallas for no front plate. I can plan on getting pulled over every few months. I guess I should put it on.....damn the man.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:54 PM   #29
Nan Desu Ka?!
Zilvia FREAK!

Nan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Nan Desu Ka?!
Zipties FTW. i just used 2 zipties to hold on my JDM plate in the drivers side grill under my turn signals on my chuki bumper. works fine for me and its a great early warning for parking barriers

Norcal-240sx.net
Nan Desu Ka?! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #30
samms95s14se
Zilvia Member

samms95s14se will become famous soon enoughsamms95s14se will become famous soon enoughsamms95s14se will become famous soon enoughsamms95s14se will become famous soon enough
Yea Cali sucks when it comes to law inforcement for cars.... but It's better then my car turning into a kiyak when huricanes come!hahaha. I bought a cusco style plate holder off of ebay and it helps take up most of the space where one day an intercooler might be.