Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #31
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
this thing is smoooth. just needs a bodykit to set this mutha off. So much tlc shown to this s-chassis!
Old 11-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #32
turbotagteam

Trader Rating: (0)
turbotagteam is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
All that effort on the engine, and you put the OE shitass oil pressure switch back on. -1. It will leak and make a mess out of the nice underhood paint. Otherwise it's an A+.
Huh, car has over 5000miles on it since I finished the build. Not one drop of oil has leaked from it.

I do plan on getting a GTR style grill. I just havent had the time to find one yet.

I stitched certain portions of the frame rails and the joints under the fenders. I didnt want it to look like a hack job with tacks everyewere. Plus, at the time, I was building a S14 race car so I had that for my heavy duty track slut. This car was meant for more of a Silvia version of a Porsche GT3RS....Drive it to the track...beat the crap out of it...drive home in relative comfort.

I didnt do A-pillar portions of the cage because the car is street driven. If it was a race car and I was allways going to be wearing a helmet while in the car...It'd be a full cage for sure. But since I didnt feel like smacking my head into a 1 5/8in cromoly bar...I didnt do A pillar bars.

The rollbar took me about 3 solid days. About a day was spent on making the anchor plates. A day bending the main hoop and notching out the rest of the bars. And another day TIG welding everything. I had to learn how to use a finger trigger. I am a welder but I had never used a finger trigger.

The pedistal for the oil filter is actually from a Small Black Chevy!!!! They use the same oil filter sizes!!! I'll see if I can find the part number. I searched forever for one for an SR and they all sucked or were missing vital information. I actually started miling my own on our CNC mill but I just happened to have an old SBC pedistal sitting around and it fit!!! So I ordered a new billet one from summit.
turbotagteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #33
chairmnofthboard
Zilvia Member

chairmnofthboard is an unknown quantity at this point
Great attention to detail.
chairmnofthboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #34
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotagteam View Post
Huh, car has over 5000miles on it since I finished the build. Not one drop of oil has leaked from it.
It will. There's no need to run it with a true gauge in place anyway. Please do a search if you're doubting it.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:35 AM   #35
iMAGE976
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
iMAGE976 is making a name for him/her selfiMAGE976 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to iMAGE976
nice car, loose the side mound hole.....hehe just my $.02
Old 11-17-2008, 03:03 AM   #36
Jodan
Zilvia Member

Jodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Jodan
very nice buildup sir! reminds me of gentiles car.
Jodan is offline   Reply With Quote