Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 05-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #271
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_love_silvia View Post
Where do u live, china? Minimum wage is 8$/hr broseff
WOAH WOAH WOAH
national min is 7.50!
mcdonalds has health benefits too if you stay a year.

you know what though, I was making 2-3 times as much as i do now before the military. +i had health insurance and everything.

I joined because i wanted to do something with my life i could be proud of.
I almost dropped out of high school, i dropped out of college once (back in now)
I had gotten lucky with a good paying job, but i wasnt happy, I hadnt done anything in my life that i could say i did with pride.
thats the reason i joined, not to listen to country songs, not to follow blindlessly.
I am sorry you signed up to pay bills and got suckered into something you arnt ready for.
but i stand by my earlier statement.
You shouldn't have signed up if your wernt ready for it.
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #272
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
OBL is dead
Old 05-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #273
dopplganger1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
dopplganger1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Incorrect each state can set its on minimum wage based off of cost of living which a lot of states do but there is also a federal minimum wage and that is only at 4 dollars or close to it. So some places aren't as lucky and people that work there can barely make a living. I feal it as a good thing we got him but a lot of you guys seem to be just blindly following what the media tells you instead of thinking of the very likely possibility that the govt. Lies to you on a day to day basis, and I could really hope that he is dead doesn't matter to much to me if he died this week or five years ago, he has only been a reason for our govt to go into other countries and get our money, the country in whole has a lot more to worry about than that bastard or other countries wars we need to look at home for a change.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
dopplganger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #274
dopplganger1
Zilvia Member

dopplganger1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Correction I got state and federal minimums mixed up its the other way around because not all states have to follow the federal

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
dopplganger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #275
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

U.S. Department of Labor - Find It By Topic - Wages - Minimum Wage

Quote:
Many states also have minimum wage laws. In cases where an employee is subject to both the state and federal minimum wage laws, the employee is entitled to the higher of the two minimum wages.
lolwut
Old 05-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #276
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by revcyanide View Post
WOAH WOAH WOAH
national min is 7.50!
U don't say? Hah my bad didn't know that.
8 here in cali. But everything else is hella expensive to make up for it
Old 05-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #277
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

I was even wrong, its 7.25 actually.
few states stick to the min though.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #278
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
yep. i remember back before i could buy a pack, smokes were $2 a pack.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #279
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
Essentially, federal has a certain amount... the state can mandate a higher amount than the federal.

But anywho...
Old 05-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #280
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl337 View Post
This post, comes off as idiotic at best. Your other posts afterwards, are much better and have slightly changed my feelings about you.

My retort however, is going to be...

If you didn't like the heat, perhaps you should take the time to gather your thoughts prior to opening your big trap.

You can not, in good faith, come out and admit that you had served the military due to your own selfish needs... go and serve the terms over in a foreign country unwillingly (from what you have typed about not being patriotic and not liking the government or agreeing with the war, I'm assuming you were assigned duty in the middle east unwillingly)... and then command the same respect as the people who actually fought for their country willingly. You didn't choose to make a sacrifice from the sounds of it. You had that decision made for you... because you were baited into the service with dreams of health care and a steady paycheck. You then justify your unwillingness by claiming that you are being unique by thinking for yourself.

If anything, your personal vendetta to get your message out about the 'truths' of the government is not original... at all. The Happy movement originated that attitude long before you and I were even a shine in our parents eyes. It's one thing to question the future of our nation and government... but its another thing to spout off conspiracy theories about leaving a known terrorist alive to fuel a war... and then demand respect from the people who actually signed up for the job.

If you served in the middle east, then I tip my hat at you. I won't however, hold you in the same regard as those who actually stepped up to the job without kicking and crying the entire way.
I will applaud your since of "manor's" and not coming off as an asshole(completly... a subtle one is still the same).

You have to except and understand that people don't have to have the same mindset as the GP. I for one like to think that I have my own beliefs and somewhat original thoughts.

I joined knowing that I could be deployed at the drop of a hat. I was not forced to go and I understood that prior and after wards. My original contract is up, I chose to stay. But not for someone Else's war.

Now to say that the military does not creatively tell the truth(especially retention) or hand out pipe dreams... Than you are blind... I was not told that I would deploy for 24+ months in 3 years and be on my 3rd deployment before I hit 5years of service. I was not told about alot of things about the army and how it works. Career progression mainly... But I am not bitter about that. I am bitter about the relationship it ruined, and lack of time I get to see my family especially my daughter. Not to mention the current one that is being tested by my lack of time I get at home. But this is not about a personal grudge or feel of mistreatment.

To show you how the gov. hides things.
We were at a live fire exercise and started a rather "large" wild fire. So bad that the state Governor got involved. The news later said it was due to a lightning strike. There was no damn lightning involved. They just did not want any bad press for the military.

Now I do not try to convince others of my beliefs or theories. It is for their selves to figure out what they wish to believe. But to not question what we are told or led to believe is idiotic.

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #281
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
A fool I would be if I ate every thing up.

I know there are plenty of cover ups. This however, would be a particularly large one. Historically large, and un-realistic at that. I couldnt read your original account and straight faced accept that as the way it is... simply because the amount of secrecy and work involved in a lie that massive would be rediculous.

Like I said, you were baited into the military. I understand that. I know the military's recruiting tactics... and I know the gold brick road they will pretend to lay out in front of you to get you to join. I'm not blind to that. What I couldn't agree with is what came off as your command for respect citing circumstances that were not (until your last post) even hinted as being your decision.
Actually, had your original post been along the lines of your most recent post... no body would have probably even entered in this dick swinging contest in the first place. No matter how big (or small?) they are.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #282
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
I intended to argue a bit...

Everyone was so against Obama until a few days ago. Now they simply praise him blindly.

Shit is not right, thats all. This is just like kicking a wasp nest.

But hey, its time to hop on the bandwagon...

and just because it seems unlikely that our gov. would lie on such a large scale, does not mean it did not happen.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #283
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
IDK if it'll help him get re-elected.

It's a good thing, no question, but I don't think it'll be enough if the economy isn't recovering quick enough.
What would help is if he pulls out of Afghanistan & all wars by the end of the year (doubt it will happen).
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #284
3-240's-N-aMule
Zilvia Member

3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pblesh85 View Post
Thank you......

If you wanted to work "flipping" burgers. McDonald's offers you $3.00 per hr or the Military offers 50k a year plus health and benefits and 20k signing bonus.... hmmm, let me think....
50k a year? 20k signing bonus? I think I need to talk to General Amos COTMC cuz my checks have been short by a good bit and I didn't get my bonus. Military pay sucks balls unless ur commissioned as a officer or been in 12+ yrs. Alot of young people join for education benefits or it's an easy way to escape hard times(initially). Alot of others including myself join cuz we wanted to do our part. Only a desperate person or a clown would join for money cuz it's not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pblesh85 View Post
I intended to argue a bit...

Everyone was so against Obama until a few days ago. Now they simply praise him blindly.

Shit is not right, thats all. This is just like kicking a wasp nest.

But hey, its time to hop on the bandwagon...

and just because it seems unlikely that our gov. would lie on such a large scale, does not mean it did not happen.
Cuz that nest wasn't kick on sep 11 2001?
Everyone is not following him blindly. If you need proof read through this thread.
The pres has people around him paid to improve the pres' image and wen I watched his speech, I saw them at work wen they wrote that speech.
3-240's-N-aMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #285
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-240's-N-aMule View Post
50k a year? 20k signing bonus? I think I need to talk to General Amos COTMC cuz my checks have been short by a good bit and I didn't get my bonus. Military pay sucks balls unless ur commissioned as a officer or been in 12+ yrs. Alot of young people join for education benefits or it's an easy way to escape hard times(initially). Alot of others including myself join cuz we wanted to do our part. Only a desperate person or a clown would join for money cuz it's not there.

Cuz that nest wasn't kick on sep 11 2001?
Everyone is not following him blindly. If you need proof read through this thread.
The pres has people around him paid to improve the pres' image and wen I watched his speech, I saw them at work wen they wrote that speech.
slight exaggeration, but that is what I make/clear in a year and that was my bonus.

As for proof... yeah and the bible is fact.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:13 AM   #286
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

I never claimed to be a bible thumper.

As a matter of fact, I despise organized religion. I think you can have whatever beliefs you want, but associating with others in an organized religion can be dangerous. Especially since almost every (major) religion has their own clause in order to try to "convert" others.

That is like handing knives to a bunch of blind kids and letting them stumble around in a ring.

Also, if you read above.. I don't personally praise Obama. Obama certainly gave the OK to get him... but you can't really tell me that Bush would not have also given the OK to kill that guy. Signing your name on an authorization form hardly constitutes the entire thing being your work.

That being said... team 6 (which I confirmed through my own sources thankyouverymuch) did very well.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #287
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Does anyone thing that something big may happen on may21st where some people speculate the world will end. I just tought of this but i dont believe it
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #288
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
Does anyone thing that something big may happen on may21st where some people speculate the world will end. I just tought of this but i dont believe it
i mean thats def something to think about lol. i don't buy into that conspiracy/apocalypse stuff...but that would be ironic.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #289
blueshark123
Post Whore!

blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Yea i dont believe in that shit fuck it i may die right now if god wants to, but its kind of crazy i just tought of it out of nowhere with all the threats of taliban plannnig something to get revenge on us. just an oh shit moment for me lol. i feel this may spread around lol

Last edited by blueshark123; 05-04-2011 at 10:27 AM..
Old 05-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #290
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Does anyone thing that something big may happen on may 21st where some people speculate the world will end. I just tought of this but i dont believe it
That's next year, and what doesn that have to do with this thread at all?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #291
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
That's next year, and what doesn that have to do with this thread at all?
oh no its this yr May 21, 2011 - Judgment Day!; October 21, 2011 - The End of the World next year is 2011 that will occur on december 21.

I just find it funny since we here that the taliban may plan something to get revenge on us for killing osama

What does half the posts in the thread have anything to do with the thread at all?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #292
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-240's-N-aMule View Post

I had a 15k signing bonus and I was making about 4k a month after taxes for this recent activation. I was an E5 with 5 years too...
They also had some guys making per diem ($50 bucks a day) and IIRC per diem in Gemany was even higher ($115 a day I think).
I am now considered a veteran in my state so I don't have to pay tuition.
On top of that I have an associates degree through the CCAF which is transferable to alot of colleges. Oh and I qualify for the Post 9/11 GI bill now.
I'm just another mechanic in the USAFR.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #293
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Quote:
What's the difference between the Aztec's Dec. 21 2012, and that prediction?

I was concieved around May 21st 1988, the beginning of the age of tribulation according to that paper.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #294
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

Does that make you a candidate for being the anti-christ?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #295
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

can we please knock the religious bs please? lets get back on topic.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #296
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

I say we should all put together and hire a bunch of midgets to dress up and sing "Ding dong, Bin Ladens dead" while doing the lolly pop guild dance. Put that on youtube, and recieve money from advertising.

This will fund our car parts.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #297
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
YouTube - Hitler reacts to the news that Osama bin Laden was killed

Clear Brook High School teacher disciplined over alleged insult to Muslim student | abc13.com
Old 05-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #298
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Holy shit.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #299
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl337 View Post
I say we should all put together and hire a bunch of midgets to dress up and sing "Ding dong, Bin Ladens dead" while doing the lolly pop guild dance. Put that on youtube, and recieve money from advertising.

This will fund our car parts.
Funny u say that. My mom was actually walking arnd the house singing that wen it came on the news lol
Old 05-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #300
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

Midgets I tell you. We need them

I feel for that girl in the clear brook high situation. Thats some messed up stuff to hear. Some people just don't think before they speak. At all.