Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #991
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
my knock sensor is fucked on my KA i have to run premium otherwise it starts running super rich and wastes my gas
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #992
Xbroke_kidX
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Xbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her selfXbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xbroke_kidX
Pictures really dont show how nice this car is. I wasnt to amazed from the pictures but I saw it in person at K1 and it looks really good. Good job man.
Xbroke_kidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #993
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. I feel the same way about Forrest Wangs S14... looks like a boring black car on vskf's in pictures. then you see it in person and it's even quiet while drifting.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #994
Xbroke_kidX
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Xbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her selfXbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xbroke_kidX
Plus Forrest's amazing driving makes it look even better.
Xbroke_kidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:47 PM   #995
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
I think Flybert had some similar problems with his car, turned out to be a bad maf... that fixed it for a bit. he got a power fc d-jethro and eliminated the maf and car runs great now.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to an engine management system to fine tune everything to the bone and just switch to map.

I hate dealing with maf, but the cost of converting doesn't even seem to be worth it. I just want to drive my car...
Old 12-27-2009, 09:13 PM   #996
importdude
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
importdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to importdude
hook up consult and see whats happening with the sensors and what the ecu is doing

built ka-t
importdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #997
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I don't have mine hooked up, but it looks like I'll have no choice but to get it wired up.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:50 PM   #998
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
my knock sensor is fucked on my KA i have to run premium otherwise it starts running super rich and wastes my gas
Does it go off if you just attack it to another spot(IE: Intake manifold, firewall, etc etc). I know that removes the point in even have it, but a stock KA shouldn't ping, so if you just attach it to 'nothing' it'll leave it in the non knock map and you should be set.

Again, it's a crude way to 'fix' an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I think Flybert had some similar problems with his car, turned out to be a bad maf... that fixed it for a bit. he got a power fc d-jethro and eliminated the maf and car runs great now.
That's why I suggested that from the get go. There is NO reason for it to sit there at that RPM like that this side of an electrical issue.

If you just want to drive your car, and aren't going for the biggest HP, just throw a rom ecu on the car and enjoy it. I'd hate to spend all that cash on a EMS with a map to fix such an easy issue ya know, as it's still not guaranteed to fix the issue.

Quote:
I don't have mine hooked up, but it looks like I'll have no choice but to get it wired up.
Super Easy. Just get a plug from any old Nissan and wire it direct. I like keeping the port on the passenger side as well, as it eliminates cables all across the steering wheel and my legs. It's a great tool.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:10 AM   #999
importdude
Zilvia FREAK!

importdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond reputeimportdude has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to importdude
Quote:
just grab a plug like posted above(g20s are right in front of dash very easy to remove

and or just directly wire it to the ecu harness
its 5 wires only

built ka-t
importdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #1000
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I have the plug. I just don't have the wires in place on my f3 plug for the consult. I know which pins it is, I just snipped the wires and tied them to the side. There is a post on here somewhere to show how to wire it back up.

But I eventually plan on getting a twin scroll setup for my engine hence why I would buy a standalone engine management system. I have a few knock sensors but even on my KA both still threw 34. It's normally some gay wiring issue.

My maf wiring is fine, because I can put a bad maf on their or keep it unplugged and it runs limp and makes my spark plugs black, backfires and all that madness.

this was with a boost leak before I changed the turbo housing, same wiring setup. before I did the knock sensor trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-UO0yvYjIk
Old 12-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #1001
Om1kron
Post Whore!

So I flipped the ECU today to do the proper code procedure. I believe I left the ecu in the position to read codes, 55 when I flipped it around automatically when I put it on the on position.

So I did the red bulb mode 1 engine off testing, bulb works. pass.

I did the mode 1 engine one test, engine warm 2000rpm, no light. pass
(if the light comes on it means bad ecu or cam angle sensor error.)

I did the mode 2 engine off test after running the engine, engine off key set to on, 5 slow blings, 5 fast blinks. pass

I did the mode 2 engine on test, 5 slow blinks at running temp solid 2000rpm rev. pass
(this is to make sure the 02 sensor is working.)

So I'll let you know if it runs any different now that it's back to it's proper position all the way counter clockwise.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #1002
Om1kron
Post Whore!

My car officially hates me...

drove to LA today went to girlfriends moms, around the corner from the police academy... some cops roll by my car, check it out then do burn outs onto the on ramp lol.

I'm driving home in bumper to bumper traffic after stopping in old town pasadena to pick up new years tickets to menage.

I hear a pop and my battery and brake light come on, I immediately pull off of the freeway in front of someones house, pop my hood and somehow the alternator belt came off, and in the process grabbed my TPS sensor and snapped it off of the throttle body.

Wires are a little fucked, but both studs that hold it in place are now broken inside of the throttle body.

I am sitting here trying to figure out how in the fuck i'm going to get this belt back on the alternator, turns out the nut that holds the pulley in place came loose. So it's been vibrating back and forth and gave the belt enough slack to come loose.

So I took the nut off and the pully, wrapped the belt around it and pulled it back over it's stud, screwed on the nut and secured it temporarily with the gum I was chewing.

The throttle position sensor I grabbed two zip ties and tied it down in place for the time being.

It got me home, no problems.

FML.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #1003
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Ah man that's a killer! Of all things to bust off too, the freakin TPS

Did the car run any better? Who did the harness for you, yourself?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 12-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #1004
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I did the harness myself...

car didn't really run any differently under load.

I think what pisses me off the most is after I had to zip tie the tps back onto the throttle body for the time being low end response is like twice as good as it was before, but still breaks up past 4000 rpms lol.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #1005
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
haha you could have just used your girlfriends pantyhose for a temp belt
Old 12-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #1006
Om1kron
Post Whore!

the belt didn't snap or get damaged, the alternator just let it come loose. Luisgonz said that it felt loose and it has been squealing as of a few weeks ago. I should've tightened it.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #1007
lflkajfj12123

yeah squealing = loose on every one of my s chassis
Old 12-30-2009, 05:49 AM   #1008
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
So I took the nut off and the pully, wrapped the belt around it and pulled it back over it's stud, screwed on the nut and secured it temporarily with the gum I was chewing.

The throttle position sensor I grabbed two zip ties and tied it down in place for the time being.
LOL, thats some McGuyver ish. Are you sure you aren't Jamaican??

For real. The car is just working its problems out. Dont be too discouraged. You'll get everything worked out I'm sure. Wish I could give you the answer but looks like you've been over everything I can think of or someone has mentioned it.

But the fact that the ECU is giving you 55 makes me suspect a MAF. ECU won't see a bad MAF, and the idle test/limp mode test is not 100% fool proof. OR there is a leak that opens up at boost.

Can you drive smoothly past 4 grand without boosting or does it break up either way?

A) If it's under boost I had an issue with my spark blowing out due to gap (I was at 22 psi).

B) Or it could be a bad coil pack, they break up intermittently when going bad especially higher rpm under boost. Check them for cracks.

C) Also check your timing. Restab the CAS per FSM, even go as far as checking the dimples on the chain.

Last edited by OBEEWON; 12-30-2009 at 12:25 PM..
OBEEWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:31 AM   #1009
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
LOL, thats some McGuyver ish.
Beat me to it lol, sick work.
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #1010
codyace
Post Whore!

If you did the wiring, I'd just recheck what I've done at that point and go from there. I (myself) dont' trust myself with the wiring stuff...to me it's cheaper to just pay 100 bucks to get it done...man oh man I'd be wanting to shoot people over wire issues. As I tell my buddies...I'll stick with engine building

Quote:
But the fact that the ECU is giving you 55 makes me suspect a MAF. ECU won't see a bad MAF, and the idle test/limp mode test is 100% fool proof. OR there is a leak that opens up at boost.
Most certainly. ECU's will not always show all fault codes. I never thought about suggesting that.

However the stumper, is that hte car will rev and pull to redline, so long as he doesn't go WOT immediatly...but can at redline...it's very odd.

Did you watch the video? It's not a hardware issue if you ask me...electronical for sure (including maf/sensors). I'm just confused as to why it's depending on part throttle...maybe it's reverting to some sort of wacky pull timing map, but it shouldn't restrict the RPM's from revving...which is why I initially thought it was failsafe mode of some sort, or the stupid ecu holding out...it's just odd odd odd.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #1011
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah Ace, something you just said reminded me of how I fixed a similar prob.

I doubt you have the wiring wrong Wayne. MAF wiring is pretty hard to mess up (like 3 wires) and if it was the car would be running alot worse. Check you intake for leaks. Any VAC leaks will make for a discrepency in the MAF reading and cause rich popping or whatev. If you have a custom intake make sure your MAF is far enough from your turbo. IIRC MAF needs to be at least 10-12 inches from the turbo or it will cause turbulence inside the MAF.

I had all those things wrong and I fixed them after swapping MAFS and doing timing and it fixed my issue.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #1012
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
However the stumper, is that hte car will rev and pull to redline, so long as he doesn't go WOT immediatly...but can at redline...it's very odd.
If this is the case then I would get on a dyno and look for a leak opening up at positive pressure.

I had a hairline crack on my hotpipe that opened up to about 1/8 inch under pressure. Couplers and aluminum charge pipes especially like to open up when boost is climbing. Usually found on the higher pressure side of the intercooler before the pressure drop.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #1013
Om1kron
Post Whore!

to answer the question, I am panamanian, jamaican, and irish. And this is why I suspected it's a boost leak all along. it revs just fine, as long as I don't goose it it goes all the way up just fine...

the slightest change in boost pressure needed to get up, it wont hold it. but start at the highest, the leak would be irrelevant as 9 other pounds of boost is still getting through where 1 pound may be leaking somewhere.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #1014
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
to answer the question, I am panamanian, jamaican, and irish.
GTHO, Im Jamaican, Panamanian, and Scottish.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #1015
Om1kron
Post Whore!

lol so we're brothers, yet hate each other haha.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #1016
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
GTHO, Im Jamaican, Panamanian, and Scottish.
Quote:
lol so we're brothers, yet hate each other haha.
No WAY!!! I'm Panamanian, Jamaican, and...

... eh who'm I kidding, no I'm not. Where's the love, ya'll.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #1017
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
I doubt you have the wiring wrong Wayne. MAF wiring is pretty hard to mess up (like 3 wires) and if it was the car would be running alot worse. Check you intake for leaks. Any VAC leaks will make for a discrepency in the MAF reading and cause rich popping or whatev. If you have a custom intake make sure your MAF is far enough from your turbo. IIRC MAF needs to be at least 10-12 inches from the turbo or it will cause turbulence inside the MAF.
And a bend is typically suggested as well to help remove any chance of reversion from the turbo...this is SUCH a commonly messed up thing I see with guys making custom inlets on other MAF cars...and sort of straight short shot and the MAF goes nutso. Even on N/A cars they suggest not to have the straight shot intakes.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #1018
Om1kron
Post Whore!

well my intake is a joke, there is at least 3 couplers on that bitch but it does have a bend in it.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #1019
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
well my intake is a joke, there is at least 3 couplers on that bitch but it does have a bend in it.
baller ass body work

thrift store intake

Just teasin.

Old 01-02-2010, 12:38 AM   #1020
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Oh don't worry man, if it were up to me financially id have a tomei crate engine in it and some crazy ass turbo set up. But baby steps, I'm sort of glad that I'm having these problems because I learn more about the set up and can help other people with their problems.