Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
s13 My S13 Build Progress - 56K Warning

Build IndexSo I finally broke down after much debating with myself and just got a storage unit to do the swap instead of paying a shop to do it for me. I'd like to keep updating this as I do more to it each day. I have more pictures located here and I will be keeping them up to date on there as well.

I started this past Saturday so here's the progress up until today...

Day 1 [Back to index]
Got all of my tools moved into the storage unit, laid down some painters plastic to try to keep the liquids off of the floor, and moved the car in there. Also bought an engine hoist since I didn't know how long I'd need it. Brought the laptop with the FSM on it. Yeah, I know, she needs paint.

I also talked to the guys at Enjuku about the parts I'll need and got them "preordered" I guess you could say. I'll be picking up all of the parts and engine (SR Blacktop) on the 16th. Needless to say I'm in debt now

I started by removing the bumper, fender wells, hood, and draining the fluids.

Then I started removing some of the larger parts: radiator, battery, condensor, intake, airbox, etc etc.

After that it was dark and the storage unit doesn't have any electricity so I had to stop.

Day 2 [Back to index]

Today I started by removing the wiring harness which turned out to be a bitch. So many of the plugs were greased over and just plain old that they didn't want to disconnect. I didn't want to clip them because I wasn't sure what I would need so I just had to use a pair of pliers and some elbow grease on some of them.

Once that was done I removed some of the components that were attached to the motor to make way for the engine hoist. Removed the alternator, compressor, distributor, and some other stuff I can't remember right now.

Day 3 [Back to index]

I got out there late from work on day 3 so there's not much worth noting except I removed the entire exhaust system from the downpipe back. I also removed the shifter from the tranny.

Day 4 (Today) [Back to index]
Today I was able to get the driveshaft disconnected, tranny mount disconnected, and assemble my new engine hoist After that I bolted her up and yanked the KA out. It was surprisingly easier that I thought it would be, came right out.

Victory!

Tomorrow I'll be cleaning her up and primering her for paint!